Non stop constant freezing and stuttering (STILL NOT FIXED)

I'm getting ANOTHER new crash message. Sometimes when I transition areas, it crashes me to the login screen saying "this operation requires an account to be logged in" or something to that effect. Hopefully GGG is aware enough of their error messages to recognize it.

So am I crashing over and over and over and over because you're somehow kicking my account login out repeatedly?

Also still freezing and stuttering constantly. And crashing constantly.

I deleted my content.ggpk and let the game redownload entirely last night. All of the rest of my time last night.

Still can't play.

PLEASE TAKE THE SERVERS DOWN AND FIGURE THIS OUT.
This definitely has to do with what ever they did to the game just before ritual released. It has slowly gotten better with each update since. But, still isnt entirely fixed.

I really hope GGG gets it right for the next league because I love this game, but will NOT continue to play it in its currently state. I have also contributed by buying a lot of stuff off the shop. GGG I hope you are looking into this because you guys are in danger of losing a lot of good customers.
Last edited by Styls_ on Feb 27, 2021, 4:20:40 PM
I am experiencing the same issue. Started 3-4 days ago and I also tried every possible solution but no luck. It drives me crazy.
Last edited by mhmtgngr1798 on Feb 27, 2021, 5:00:46 PM
If the next league adds no new content and is just called "performance league", in which performance is improved, I'd be thrilled.

I have a great rig. It can play any game on ultra.

I have tried literally everything from Vulkan, disabling all sound from loading, vsync off/on, all textures, shadows, lighting, etc. on low, I tried every resolution (yes, even 800x600) and it STILL had massive drops in FPS (not latency).

Before Ritual, I could alt tab out and go to the trade site, have Youtube running, use my computer as normal. That capability was gone the day Ritual launched.

I checked my Task Manager while POE was open and (after waiting 5 minutes to load), I saw that POE was sucking up 98-99% of my memory.

GGG, I wouldn't work on any new content. Just fix performance and I'll buy every stash tab/skill effect in the game.
@tactfulever

same... Im bored of these crashes time to time on a big setup... thats so frustrating. Wont repeat everything you said, just the same as you.

Please ggg
Last edited by SK_OCELOTE on Mar 2, 2021, 5:06:39 AM
Just played Doom Eternal on the absolute highest settings and it runs like butter.

I cannot run POE without massive stuttering and fps drops even with my resolution 800X600.

Before Ritual, POE was butter for me. GGG, ya broke the game yo! Yall got some work to do.
As of today, the crashes are back....
I had massive stuttering issues after the first patch of this league and managed to get them to calm down with a reinstall and tons of tweaks to settings, It wasn't perfect but better. Then the most recent patch was deployed and the game is literally unplayable, no crashes or freezes that force a restart but just absurd stuttering and then the game catches back up until it starts stuttering again. I've tried all US servers and have the same issue without ever having a problem pre-ritual. I can stand in my hideout and just watch my MTX stutter over and over again. What's the deal....?
Last edited by Ludafish on Mar 6, 2021, 10:53:23 PM
Performance is a joke right now I skip Rituals on Maps meanwhile cause FPS going crazy then and killing my mood and in worst case my char :/
All other Content is a mess too in terms of Performance.
I've tried everything to get more and stable fps, yesterday Ive installed new windows.. But it doesn't help at all.

Ryzen 3600
Vega 56
16Gb RAM
Last edited by Kirby1978 on Mar 12, 2021, 3:44:42 AM
Performance has really bricked after the last patch. Constant stuttering, ingame spikes, rubber banding.....
GGG, do you really think ALL of us have problems with our PCs and that the problem isn't at your end?

Every time i feel i would like to buy another supporter pack you guys "update" and "patch" and manage to make things worse.
Every tech support message has the same delay in response, the same dxdiag request, the same lack of feedback. If nothing else at least acknowledge that there is an issue and that you'll fix it. Meanwhile the new mtx skins team seem to be overworked while your base game suffers.

The league ends here for me - 2 chars at 99 and unable to progress because you made "improvements" with texture streaming.

This is how you lose customers.
This is how you alienate your player base.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info