Elemental Hit not avoding the same Element

Elemental Hit Gem Description says it will avoid using the same element twice in a row. Im now using it with a wand and it now used the same element multiple times in a row. So it seems like the avoidence isn't working as intended or it isn't a 100% avoidence.
Im playing a Witch using a Wand to attack. Nothing else linked to Elemental Hit at the moment.

Can someone confirm if this is a bug or intended?
Last bumped on May 12, 2021, 10:52:12 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
So i just found a bug report from 2018 about this problem and it seems like there is no fix yet. Is this a graphical bug or is it just not working as intended?
It is indirectly effecting my damage output via elemental equilibrium.

Are there any players who can confirm this skill behaviour?
If you don't have Barrage support and each attack does not avoid the last element , it is a bug

If you have Barrage support, i guess element is per barrage basis.
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Bugged since 2018. Fix please.
I'm experiencing the same, playing witch with wand on PS5.
"
baroo7787665 wrote:

Apparently, using Predictive Mode makes Ele hit looks like it uses the same element twice in a row, even at low ping. If you switch to Lockstep, it won't happen.

I just tested this here: https://streamable.com/mbuk2z

As you can see, the first and second shot are visually Lightning element but if you look at the monster tag:

After the first shot:
-Resist Lightning
-Vulnerable to Fire
-Vulnerable to Cold

After the second shot:
-Resist Cold
-Vulnerable to Lightning
-Vulnerable to Fire

This means the first shot is Lightning while the second shot is Cold.

It's still a visual bug but not game-breaking.
Last edited by adamwoon on Jan 22, 2021, 3:33:48 AM
"
adamwoon wrote:
"
baroo7787665 wrote:

Apparently, using Predictive Mode makes Ele hit looks like it uses the same element twice in a row, even at low ping. If you switch to Lockstep, it won't happen.

As you can see, the first and second shot are visually Lightning element but if you look at the monster tag:

After the first shot:
-Resist Lightning
-Vulnerable to Fire
-Vulnerable to Cold

After the second shot:
-Resist Cold
-Vulnerable to Lightning
-Vulnerable to Fire

Thank you very much for your sleuthing.
"
adamwoon wrote:
"
baroo7787665 wrote:

After the first shot:
-Resist Lightning
-Vulnerable to Fire
-Vulnerable to Cold

After the second shot:
-Resist Cold
-Vulnerable to Lightning
-Vulnerable to Fire

glorious detective work even in 3.14 2021 this visual bug is stil lthere and i thought my entire hopes to enjoy tri ele hit using some weird ways to trigger EE was just going to be useless vs conversion but wahoo! good to know its only a visual thing but its a lil sus. but maybe now ill feel less bad trying to make tri ele work with the chest that makes all hits affected by the lowest so i can still double down. cheers
"
NeoKillua wrote:
Elemental Hit Gem Description says it will avoid using the same element twice in a row. Im now using it with a wand and it now used the same element multiple times in a row. So it seems like the avoidence isn't working as intended or it isn't a 100% avoidence.
Im playing a Witch using a Wand to attack. Nothing else linked to Elemental Hit at the moment.

Can someone confirm if this is a bug or intended?

Thanks for your report, we'll look into this.

From testing on my end it definitely seems like it's Predictive-only (as mentioned before in this thread).

The AoE explosions seems to match the correct element but the projectiles fired do not match what's actually occurring.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info