FIX YOUR RNG twilight mystery box PLEASE!!!

spent $340 or more, lost count, in total and never got the flame dash effect, I did keep getting the same items and even the ones considered rare.. really bad, please fix your RNG

I dont mind supporting the game since it's free and I love it, even said so on my stream today but when I spend this kind of money and never get the item I want, it really disappoints me and makes me mad...

74 mystery boxes opened.... still have not gotten the flame dash effect which is considered uncommon.............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2U98cMG8J4 - shows how many items I got which is 74 mystery box items....

NOT HAPPY!
Last edited by spfan79 on Nov 21, 2020, 5:12:21 PM
Last bumped on Nov 28, 2020, 7:29:29 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
thanks for supporting the game. If u didn't know, mystery boxes/loot boxes are for gambling purposes. U're not guaranteed anything and u should know that before even buying the first one.
yes I understand that but how can I possibly get so many of the same items over and over again but not this one which is considered uncommon and I got a bunch of the rare ones... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh
I get that u're angry, I would be aswell after that much money :D
But that's why I never ever bought in to the boxes in the first place^^
They are scummy and the more u bought, the more u don't want to stop, bcz of sunk-cost fallacy. I really don't like that GGG introduced them in the first place, but the best u can do is stay away from them.
Last edited by Sadaukar on Nov 21, 2020, 5:26:19 PM
it shows a point price for each item too but you cannot buy them so I don't understand that either....

but cmon 74 boxes and still have not gotten it? that is ABSURD
Last edited by spfan79 on Nov 21, 2020, 6:22:19 PM
they have points to them, because every box item gets added to the regular shop after some time. So u're basically gambling to get that cosmetic item first, before u can buy it in the shop.
I don't know how long it takes before the transition, but it's at least until the next boxes are out... I think even longer.
just bought 3 more... -.-

I think the results are obvious.... -.- !!!!!!!!!!!!!
'Fix your RNG' is an interestingly complex notion.

If by 'fix' you mean 'mend or repair', then we need to know what 'not broken' looks like. Is it when you get what you want? Then I'd argue that's not really RNG anymore. Curiously what you're asking DOES exist in some form in other gacha games: if, after a certain amount of failures, you don't get anything good, you get a pity roll that guarantees a big drop. Of course, you need to play proper pay to win games to benefit from that sort of compassion. Heh.

If by 'fix' you mean 'fasten or put into place', then you're basically asking what's by definition fluid and unpredictable to be...neither. Sort of makes the 'R' bit of 'RNG' redundant, doesn't it?

And my favourite, 'fix' as defined by 'influencing the outcome' (implicitly: cheating) -- then I think TencentGGG have already done that to their advantage with their loot boxes, knowing their dedicated userbase are gamblers at heart and would rather piss away their money *now* than wait and just buy things when they can *later* (which apparently you didn't know -- I'm fairly sure they say it with every single box release, by legal requirement). Case in point: they got your ~$340USD and you STILL didn't get what you want.

A winner is not you.

^_^

LOL your response to failing to get what you wanted from a random roll 70+ times was to make an angry post about it...and THEN pay for 3 more rolls? Jesus fucking Christ, I hope Chris appreciates just how lucky he is to have players like you.

PS Just checked, and there it is:

"
Every microtransaction in this mystery box will be available in the store roughly one month after the Heist League ends.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2938562

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Nov 21, 2020, 9:52:44 PM
okay..
Last edited by spfan79 on Nov 22, 2020, 9:11:21 AM
These things are designed to make money... not give you what you wanted.

They are intrinsically predatory.

Best to just wait till they can be purchased without the RNG.

...but they make me mad too
Delirium ended...
But the Voices never did.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info