Banning without reason or explanation - new game trend?

Hi guys,
I type here in behalf of my guild member & friend. And I type with heavy heart because as a devoted player I am scared for my account.
So far I had no bad experience with the game, support or help - on the contrary, everything led to my full devotion and support of the game and team alike. And I am playing from 2013 with more than 10k playtime hours.
But today I am down about my friend´s situation and I appeal on the team here puiblicay as well as I inform other game devoted players, because my whole guild does not understand this situation and I dont like the aptitude towards a devoted player.

My friend got banned today. Without specification or reason - just with explanation of "breaking the terms of use" whitch is really long. In guild we are all standing behind him, being sure he did not break any of the rules. We play now 10-16 hours a day together, because of our country covid restrictions. After 8 hours of consulting every possible part of the licence agreement we did not find any point he would break.

- This guy does not buy anything besides supporter packs - does not cheat - does not use any third party programms besides steam yolo mouse (for mouse cursor colour i suppose - addon STEAM is offering for games on steam) and loot filter from neversink (both legal, right?) and definately does not type in any channel - except the guild channel - never been harassing or rude or anything. We are all older players (35-50) in guild and we play for relax and fun, not doing any stupid childish law-breaks. And we are all real life freinds for many years.

What is problem - ban is permanent and GGG support REFUSES to say reason of the ban, nor answer and explain it after several emails and appeals. The last answer I quote:

"
It is our policy not to release evidence in these situations I'm afraid, as that enables people to avoid detection second time around.
My apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause.
We are unable to discuss this via email.
This decision is final and will not be reviewed further. You're welcome to create a new account so long as you follow the Terms of Use

DETECTION OF WHAT EXACTLY? Is this the answer to simple question? WHAT IS THE REASON FOR THE BAN? We are in guild all sure he did not break any rule. Here the team is reacting paranoicaly and very weird way. We are all old generation guys and we dont use any scripts (basically a) cause we dont trust it and b) we dont know how to). And we all in guild see this verdict as weird and causeless.

Imagine you play many thousands of hours, pay plenty of supporter packs and get a ban without a reason or explanation. That does not cheer me up and now Im a bit trembled cause I bought countless packs for skins, bundles, stashes and every possible ingame visuals for my gaming pleasure and for a little support for the game. When I imagine to be in his shoes, after 7 years of playing this game I would be really down, pissed and angry.

Just for game support team:
We dont need to know your methods or evidence to avoid anything cause we dont break rules - and if someone is cheating or breaking the rules, he deserves whatever - but dont punish innoscent people! We want a simple answer WHAT RULE DID HE BREAK? Just answer rule number x point y and we wont freak out. I think after his 6000 hours of playing and paying plenty of money for bundles and your support you owe him at least that much. Account name is Jack_FUBAR.

And please dont answer "you are unable to discuss this on forum, type us email" cause I was translating already 7 emails for that poor guy and always got same answer like from some automat. I am sure banning this guy is just a misunderstanding but you are unwilling to communicate and acting very strangely. You are freaking us out - by us i mean whole guild and other friendly guilds. Dont you understand? Imagine to be in his shoes! You play game at work cause you have no work in office (covid), than you come home and you are banned and noone gives you explanation why and guys you rely on answer "we wont tell you cause you will know how to avoid it nexttime and decision is final so we dont have to answer you at all" - what the heck? avoid what? It is unfair, freaking out and unacceptable... That is how we-players see it.
Last edited by Sam on Nov 23, 2020, 9:19:40 PM
Last bumped on Nov 23, 2020, 9:19:19 PM
No, nothing new here AT ALL and take that from someone who has been on the forums since 2012.

You have never been entitled to an explanation why you get banned, they have stated in the past that the more companies that give out ban details the more the cheaters would find ways around the detection methods.
These methods would look at several factors before enabling a lock on the account so you need to email support, at which point they will review it.

They do it this way for a few reasons, IF you are cheating you'll do less damage and are unable to offload assets (RMT, account hacking and even just scamming would fall under this, it could also include game exploits or even intentional crashing of the server/game)

IF you are a cheater then you are very likely to not give a fuck about the account and just make new ones, it saves GGG a shit ton of time if their detection methods are good enough to flag and ban cheats to the point they just quit or make new accounts to get banned.

There are instances where the detection methods are a bit too tight BUT the last time i recall that actually being a thing was when people were spam creating instance to try spawn league mechanics, which was abusive and at worst impacting the games server as a whole.

Now IF you got banned then it is because YOU are doing something in a way that is getting detected as cheating in some way, it might not be but it is usually fairly fucking hard to accomplish something like this through normal play, even if you play 18 hours a day or do something stupid like play for over 24 hours in one sitting.

The procedure YOU need to follow is to email support once, then wait for their reply, DO NOT bump the email by adding more, you get put to the back of the queue each time you do.
YOU will need to provide answers to security questions over several emails where upon you will be placed in an other queue for account investigations.

IF you have done this and they are enforcing the ban there is nothing you can do about it, posting here is a waste of time.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Nov 21, 2020, 1:08:28 AM
"
BLackocalypse wrote:
Hi guys,
I type here in behalf of my guild member & friend. And I type with heavy heart because as a devoted player I am scared for my account.
So far I had no bad experience with the game, support or help - on the contrary, everything led to my full devotion and support of the game and team alike. And I am playing from 2013 with more than 10k playtime hours.
But today I am down about my friend´s situation and I appeal on the team here puiblicay as well as I inform other game devoted players, because my whole guild does not understand this situation and I dont like the aptitude towards a devoted player.

My friend got banned today. Without specification or reason - just with explanation of "breaking the terms of use" whitch is really long. In guild we are all standing behind him, being sure he did not break any of the rules. We play now 10-16 hours a day together, because of our country covid restrictions. After 8 hours of consulting every possible part of the licence agreement we did not find any point he would break.

- This guy does not buy anything besides supporter packs - does not cheat - does not use any third party programms besides steam yolo mouse (for mouse cursor colour i suppose - addon STEAM is offering for games on steam) and loot filter from neversink (both legal, right?) and definately does not type in any channel - except the guild channel - never been harassing or rude or anything. We are all older players (35-50) in guild and we play for relax and fun, not doing any stupid childish law-breaks. And we are all real life freinds for many years.

What is problem - ban is permanent and GGG support REFUSES to say reason of the ban, nor answer and explain it after several emails and appeals. The last answer I quote:

"
It is our policy not to release evidence in these situations I'm afraid, as that enables people to avoid detection second time around.
My apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause.
We are unable to discuss this via email.
This decision is final and will not be reviewed further. You're welcome to create a new account so long as you follow the Terms of Use

DETECTION OF WHAT EXACTLY? Is this the answer to simple question? WHAT IS THE REASON FOR THE BAN? We are in guild all sure he did not break any rule. Here the team is reacting paranoicaly and very weird way. We are all old generation guys and we dont use any scripts (basically a) cause we dont trust it and b) we dont know how to). And we all in guild see this verdict as weird and causeless.

Imagine you play many thousands of hours, pay plenty of supporter packs and get a ban without a reason or explanation. That does not cheer me up and now Im a bit trembled cause I bought countless packs for skins, bundles, stashes and every possible ingame visuals for my gaming pleasure and for a little support for the game. When I imagine to be in his shoes, after 7 years of playing this game I would be really down, pissed and angry.

Just for game support team:
We dont need to know your methods or evidence to avoid anything cause we dont break rules - and if someone is cheating or breaking the rules, he deserves whatever - but dont punish innoscent people! We want a simple answer WHAT RULE DID HE BREAK? Just answer rule number x point y and we wont freak out. I think after his 6000 hours of playing and paying plenty of money for bundles and your support you owe him at least that much. Account name is Jack_FUBAR.

And please dont answer "you are unable to discuss this on forum, type us email" cause I was translating already 7 emails for that poor guy and always got same answer like from some automat. I am sure banning this guy is just a misunderstanding but you are unwilling to communicate and acting very strangely. You are freaking us out - by us i mean whole guild and other friendly guilds. Dont you understand? Imagine to be in his shoes! You play game at work cause you have no work in office (covid), than you come home and you are banned and noone gives you explanation why and guys you rely on answer "we wont tell you cause you will know how to avoid it nexttime and decision is final so we dont have to answer you at all" - what the heck? avoid what? It is unfair, freaking out and unacceptable... That is how we-players see it.

@lagwin1980 is spot on here with his reply.

Your friend cheated and had to pay the price.
I agree with all you wrote if you are a cheater but When you are not a cheater, just a devoted player and get a ban and noone gives you any answer? That is not troubling anyone at all?

"
Now IF you got banned then it is because YOU are doing something in a way that is getting detected as cheating in some way, it might not be but it is usually fairly fucking hard to accomplish something like this through normal play, even if you play 18 hours a day or do something stupid like play for over 24 hours in one sitting.

Well if it is about acomplishing i know guys were running achievements for example. One by one. The hardest was the 700 heist runs. I dont know if they did it yet. Doing heists over and over and over without looting anything but last statue only to finish all 40 achievments. You want to say playing hard to achieve some goal is the reason for being suspicious of cheating? Or banned for suspicion? Concretly jack did this as a goal from start of the league cause he wanted to complete all achievements. He made 4 characters to full endgame for that during the league. So logically you play hard and devotely and there for you get banned? I call that GRINDING after he played hard to put together one of the hardest builds this league step by step by the forum thread on poe. And we all help each other in guild with items, crafting, fragment collection etc as a guild should. This is crap answer but thank you for it anyway cause point by point i know he did nothing wrong but grinding, whitch is basic of the game. If you play hard, get lucky of drops as reward for hard playing, you will get banned. That is the logical outcome of your speech.

We all want to know what is wrong here, we all play more than 5 years (7 in my case) and we dont do any cheating or game crushing things. If grinding is the problem, than there is really something wrong. And if someone is a cheater he does not give a f*** about his account - well we do give a f** and are trying every possible way to find a solution - does it say something?
Last edited by BLackocalypse on Nov 21, 2020, 6:44:02 AM
"

You are such a smart dude, are not you? Perhaps, the same awaits you in the near future for just playing the game like others.

Why the hack the player lvl 100 40/40 (less than 1% of players achieve that every season) with hundreds of dollars spent would use any cheats?? For what fck*ng reason? When you have over 5k hours of played time you know how to play and do all the stuff.

It is lovely how GGG turns back to players who pay their own money to support this stupid game and then not even willing to investigate the fault of their detection cheat robot!

But I got it, normal players do not have privileges like streamers who actually feeding you, even more, right GGG?! When a streamer gets banned, he shares on youtube or twitch and you UNBAN him because he has the power.

People should really consider spending money on this game if GGG and their excellent support is acting like this. You should not forget that players are the ones who pay for your bills GGG!!!

I am disgusted by you and your support GGG!!!
"
M4R4 wrote:
"

You are such a smart dude, are not you? Perhaps, the same awaits you in the near future for just playing the game like others.

Why the hack the player lvl 100 40/40 (less than 1% of players achieve that every season) with hundreds of dollars spent would use any cheats?? For what fck*ng reason? When you have over 5k hours of played time you know how to play and do all the stuff.

Oh, I don't know. Maybe to get to 100 and 40/40? Please... I can think of a myriad of reasons.

"
It is lovely how GGG turns back to players who pay their own money to support this stupid game and then not even willing to investigate the fault of their detection cheat robot!

They haven't turned their back on anyone. They DID investigate, and they found and upheld the ban. Stop guessing. You do not have all of the information and you never will. Neither will I or anyone else on this planet except for GGG.

"
But I got it, normal players do not have privileges like streamers who actually feeding you, even more, right GGG?! When a streamer gets banned, he shares on youtube or twitch and you UNBAN him because he has the power.

People should really consider spending money on this game if GGG and their excellent support is acting like this. You should not forget that players are the ones who pay for your bills GGG!!!

If that's what you think, then I have a bridge to sell you as well. Don't forget about the deep state, vaccines cause autism etc etc etc.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
"
Oh, I don't know. Maybe to get to 100 and 40/40? Please... I can think of a myriad of reasons.

maybe YOU can, we are guild of people who dont see any reason to play grinding game and use some stupid cheats. If you do, than you are the reason why SUCCESS in the game in any way is SUSPICIOUS.

"
They haven't turned their back on anyone. They DID investigate, and they found and upheld the ban. Stop guessing. You do not have all of the information and you never will. Neither will I or anyone else on this planet except for GGG.

Well another fail - at least you did not read the thread. Nexttime please do cause you make me think you are not intelligent. Problem is there was no explanation or reason given nor will to communicate. Even the stupid ubisoft sends you message like "you abused game rule number xy" or "you abused glitch in game" so you know what you did - by will if you are idiot or by mistake. But here was just ban, no reason given and no explanation or simple information provided. Once that happends to you ill just quote your answer so you feel same stupid as it is.

"
If that's what you think, then I have a bridge to sell you as well. Don't forget about the deep state, vaccines cause autism etc etc etc.

well - i reconsider what i typed above cause this is something between total ignorancy, stupidity and hate speech. Dont type in thje thread please, we are typing about serious thing here and we are not interrested in arrogancy of 14 years old guy with a wisdom of a much younger one. Thank you
They do not have to give you ANY reason whatsoever. Just because you want one doesn't mean you will get one. As long as I have been on this forum, GGG has NEVER given anyone a reason other than what you have said they told you. They MIGHT give you which section of the TOS you broke, but that's it.

Feel free to quote away, because it won't happen. And I certainly won't come to the forum even if it does; I don't need to have my ego stroked if something bad happens. GGG does not offer account support via the forum, which is common knowledge. The ONLY way to get anything resolved is through emailing them.

And add about 36 years onto your assumption. And we all know what they say about assumptions...
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Last edited by Aragorn14 on Nov 21, 2020, 8:54:14 AM
GGG is not going to disuss an account with anyone other than the account owner.

Nor should they.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Aragorn14 wrote:
"
M4R4 wrote:
"

Great, so according to your assumption the 1% of players who achieve multiple 100 and 40/40 every league are cheater but some do not get caught.

"
Aragorn14 wrote:
"
M4R4 wrote:

They literally did nothing and not even willing to help.

"
Aragorn14 wrote:
"
M4R4 wrote:

Funny, ha ha ha. Howcome, Empyriangaming got permabanned but since he is a very well known streamer, they were willing to investigate and provide the reason what made them to BAN him.

It is obvious that the only truth you see is that he cheated. Well, if cheating means, hours of challenge grind and all the sh*t the game offers then yes, GUILTY.

I would wish you the same @Aragorn14, then you might have changed your arrogant statements.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info