Is Atlas Map Bonus objective working for anyone?

I've been doing mostly T14 maps the past week with awakening level8.
I've done enough to go through two Sirus so I think that's a good amount of data point. The Atlas map bonus this week has been between 141/154 to 147/154.

I just noticed that out of all the maps I've done the last few days in T14, not a single T15 or T16 drop. A few T12 and T13 when I do strongbox, but nothing beyond T14...is it just me and my luck is not so good this week?
Last bumped on Nov 27, 2020, 6:46:59 PM
All random sequences will show streaks of bad luck and streaks of good luck. Nothing to do but push on.
How many different tiers of maps do you have showing in your atlas? If you want to maximize your drop rate on t14-16, you should socket only 4 stones (any regions) or 0 stones (inner regions only). This will mean you can only drop t1-3 (or 4) and t14-16.

When running t14 like that, you will still get maybe 10% t1-3 over the long haul, but close to 90% of your drops should be t14-16. And in that situation, with your bonus the way it is, you should end up with plenty of t15-16.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...four more map drops since this post all t14.
I'll try setting the inner regions to 0 stones and see what happens, thank you!
I would need to see your stone placement but, fundamentally, you can't drop maps of tiers that aren't showing in your atlas. So...

If you have t12-13 maps showing in your atlas, then you are probably dropping those (by pure rng) and your 140%+ bonus is giving you t14s as an upgrade.

If your atlas only shows t1-3 and 14-16, then you can't drop anything in between, and the t14s you drop will turn into t15 and 16 through your bonus.

Last edited by GreyLensman on Nov 18, 2020, 6:32:44 PM
"
phaseworm777 wrote:
I've been doing mostly T14 maps the past week with awakening level8.
I've done enough to go through two Sirus so I think that's a good amount of data point. The Atlas map bonus this week has been between 141/154 to 147/154.

I just noticed that out of all the maps I've done the last few days in T14, not a single T15 or T16 drop. A few T12 and T13 when I do strongbox, but nothing beyond T14...is it just me and my luck is not so good this week?

That's what was really confusing me, I have A8 so every single socket in the atlas is filled in. The T12-13 maps were from strong box, so maybe it's different rules there.

SO finally I got a T15 map to drop lol after many many tries. I'm at 150/154 when that happen. Maybe i'm just having an extreme string of bad luck.
There are a lot of things that don't follow all the native drop rules. That includes the various league content that can drop maps within maps or outside, as well as Delve.

But in general, if you are running alched t14-16 maps in an A8 atlas and only dropping t14s, that is just rng. And, yes, if you have 32 stones, there is no benefit to running anything other than a full atlas, unless you really want maps in a specific region.

It's possible that the "only tiers showing" rule applies to the final drop after bonus and not in the base drop table. I honestly don't remember. But you should still get plenty of t15 an 16 over time.
Last edited by GreyLensman on Nov 19, 2020, 7:13:29 AM
I finally hit 150/154 and seems like T15+ are finally dropping more regularly.
It was either an extreme string of bad luck or I needed to break that 150 for 50%
It's always possible there's an undocumented change in the loot table when you hit 150, but that seems unlikely. Pretty sure it's just rng.
Something is still not right. I'm not at 151/154 and when I do T14-16, the vast majority of maps that drop are T14. I would say under 20% have been higher than T14. Something is not right with the awaken bonus.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info