[3.12] Solo Aurastack Guardian - 70m sDPS with ~90k ehp (3.13 manifesto addressed)

I can't seem to find jewels with reduced mana reserved corruption, doesn't seem to be on the list of implicit mods.
"
SirLegit wrote:
I can't seem to find jewels with reduced mana reserved corruption, doesn't seem to be on the list of implicit mods.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/gkR0pOhQ

You mean this one?
"
Snellious wrote:
"
SirLegit wrote:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/gkR0pOhQ

You mean this one?

oh I see its just under increased mana reserved lol i was like the hell where is that damn mod. Thanks
Well I've improved my build, up to 70m sDPS with https://pastebin.com/XrZF87LE

Enhance linked with my alt quality Purity of Ice, Precision and Discipline is a lot of damage potential.

Needed to swap my +2 corrupted Prism Guardian for a Grants Grace so I don't lose the aura, I lose a bunch of ES moving my discipline out of my +2 corrupted Alpha's Howl but thats a lot of damage gained.
Thanx for all the help.

"
Snellious wrote:

I also have my blood magic support setup in my gloves, not my boots.

I was looking at the lvl78 budget version because i dont have the rings with aura's yet. There the blood magic was on the boots.

I still dont manage to run everything, but a night sleep and you pointing out that i can watch the numbers there in that calc window helps. I need those small clusters to run this. I was rebuilding everything and forgot about those. I have a strong aversion against using those as it costs 2 passive points each (+ the loss of a socket that could have 1rmr) that feel wasted.

I guess i'll have to though. If i want to run pain attunement and rightious fire, which together double your damage output. (in my previous setup, my aversion against the passives made me run CI and saqawals, eliminating the need for those small clusters)
Last edited by NonExistingName on Oct 31, 2020, 7:32:05 AM
"

I was looking at the lvl78 budget version because i dont have the rings with aura's yet. There the blood magic was on the boots.

I still dont manage to run everything, but a night sleep and you pointing out that i can watch the numbers there in that calc window helps. I need those small clusters to run this. I was rebuilding everything and forgot about those. I have a strong aversion against using those as it costs 2 passive points each that feel wasted.

I guess i'll have to though. If i want to run pain attunement and rightious fire, which together double your damage output. (in my previous setup, my aversion against the passives made me run CI and saqawals, eliminating the need for those small clusters)

The small clusters allow for the most increased aura effect per medium node, meaning you don't have the reservation notables tanking up space on the mediums. And even running 4-5 small 2 passive clusters is 8-10 skill points, which isnt enough to get a 5th medium cluster in the budget version or 7th medium cluster in the voices version so all you are sacrificing is a little %ES or damage on the skill tree.

You were right, the blood magic support is in the boots on the budget build... you can instead run 2x heralds and precision with blood magic instead of 2x herald and a purity by moving it to the gloves... this requires some life on the tree because precision isn't a % so the more life you have the less % it takes. I get the life with the unnatural instinct by melding, its not enough by itself so I need 3 -reservation corrupted jewels and a level 21 blood magic support.

Its about reserving as much life while leaving enough mana to cast, moving the auras around isn't uncommon... I've moved them all around recently to fit an enhance with the right auras (and that's harder for me because a lot of my gear is corrupted)

edit: You can still run RF as CI btw, it will still give the boost to spell damage.
Last edited by Snellious on Oct 31, 2020, 7:27:33 AM
Interesting you state it like that. I didn't even consider if those small cluster passives are also available on mediums.

Looking at it from this perspective: It takes 6-7 points (depending if you're using intuitive leap or not) to get to another large jewel socket. Removing 5 small clusters frees up 10 points. That allows us to take that jewel socket, put a medium cluster in there and allocate 3-4 nodes there. Thats 1-2 node short to get the passives on medium cluster jewels. So we need 1-2 skill point more.

But that 1-2 skill point gives:
-everything that is on 5 jewels which can be: 5RMR, 50str, 50dex, 35% ES
-everthing on the pathing to the new jewel socket: 30dex, 8% projectile dmg

Cant be that bad. If we can't find the 1-2 points we're short, we could still choose not to socket 2 out of the 5 jewels. and win 3RMR, 60dex, 30str, 21%ES. 8%projectile dmg. vs whatever is on those small nodes on the small clusters. In your case: 15% evasion, 9% dmg, 8int

You do lose out on the small cluster jewels small nodes of course. those don't look random and seem to add up to about 15 all res, 0.5% life/sec, 9%dmg, 6%ES, 12ES

And thanx for pointing out that i can run RF with CI. (thanx for pointing out so much more actually). So much decisions to make... rough game :p
Last edited by NonExistingName on Oct 31, 2020, 8:11:50 AM
"
Interesting you state it like that. I didn't even consider if those small cluster passives are also available on mediums.

Looking at it from this perspective: It takes 6-7 points (depending if you're using intuitive leap or not) to get to another large jewel socket. Removing 5 small clusters frees up 10 points. That allows us to take that jewel socket, put a medium cluster in there and allocate 3-4 nodes there. Thats 1-2 node short to get the passives on medium cluster jewels. So we need 1-2 skill point more.

But that 1-2 skill point gives:
-everything that is on 5 jewels which can be: 5RMR, 50str, 50dex, 35% ES
-everthing on the pathing to the new jewel socket: 30dex, 8% projectile dmg

Cant be that bad. If we can't find the 1-2 points we're short, we could still choose not to socket 2 out of the 5 jewels. and win 3RMR, 60dex, 30str, 21%ES. 8%projectile dmg. vs whatever is on those small nodes on the small clusters. In your case: 15% evasion, 9% dmg, 8int

You do lose out on the small cluster jewels small nodes of course. those don't look random and seem to add up to about 15 all res, 0.5% life/sec, 9%dmg, 6%ES, 12ES

And thanx for pointing out that i can run RF with CI. (thanx for pointing out so much more actually). So much decisions to make... rough game :p

This build is such a tight balancing act vs all others, saving any and all skill points while getting as much aura effect as possible is really tricky...

Remember that the small clusters can be rolled to have 20es/14int(2.8% ES) and 0.3% life regen each (perfected) and there are multiple, so its not all wasted points, they also give 20 str/int/dex which is ES and needed stats for items.
Oh i found another good argument for the small clusters.

You cant have flat ES, 35% effect and one of those skills on a medium cluster. So if you want them on a medium, you would forego a lot of flat ES (~25 nodes x 12 = 300 flat ES)

So its i guess not using small clusters is only for builds that dont need these skills at all. (using saqawals and CI)

While i'm quite convinced that Empy pretty much made the optimal aura stacker with saqawal and CI, i'll spend some more hours building both options in PoB to see how it compares for us poor mortals who are happy if they get the currency to reach 300% aura effect.
Last edited by NonExistingName on Oct 31, 2020, 2:15:15 PM
It's good to see a guide from no.1 arc aura stacker in poe.ninja
Thanks for sharing.

Anyway can I see your tooltip damage standing in hideout?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info