This makes no sense

So the implicit gives socketed aura gems +2 to levels, right?

Right. Blasphemy has a property written into the gem that makes linked curse gems also count as aura gems, right? RIGHT.

So why does the +2 implicit buff not affect conductivity if it now also receives aura tag from blasphemy?
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Last bumped on Oct 15, 2020, 9:47:15 AM
Maybe you can see the effect when the aura it's executed cause they are not aura until they are cast. idk dude, that's my opinion, some weird stuff maybe, illuminatis maybe, idk dude, idk.

Mark_GGG answered this question b4. Just you need to search his reply that buried in this forum....
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
neohongkong wrote:
Mark_GGG answered this question b4. Just you need to search his reply that buried in this forum....

Google can't locate it, therefore there is no way I will find it just by browsing here...
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
"
Ydoum wrote:

Correct.

"
Ydoum wrote:
Blasphemy has a property written into the gem that makes linked curse gems also count as aura gems, right?
No. It makes no modification to the gems - regular supports can't do that*. It modifies the skills those gems grant you, making those skills count as Aura skills, despite coming from a non-Aura gem.

Blasphemy's modifier has nothing to do with gem tags.

*Empower and Enhance are special in that they are support gems that modify skill gems, rather than modifying skills. This requires their implementation to be entirely different to other support gems. The old version of Enlighten also did this, but unfortunately that pattern broke when that gem was changed.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Oct 15, 2020, 12:45:08 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

No. It makes no modification to the gems - regular supports can't do that*.

Thank you for taking the time to answer us.

I have to ask, however, how is then possible that a Righteous Fire skill gem can be supported by a Swift Affliction Support gem only when said Righteous Fire is also supported by Spell Totem Support gem.
I always assumed this combination worked because Spell Totem Support also added a "Duration" tag to Righteous Fire (which naturally does not have), but according to what you just said my assumption is wrong. Is Spell Totem a "special" Support akin to Enhance and Empower (as in, it does not follow the rule "Support gems cannot modify Skill gem")?
"
Maxtrux wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

No. It makes no modification to the gems - regular supports can't do that*.

Thank you for taking the time to answer us.

I have to ask, however, how is then possible that a Righteous Fire skill gem can be supported by a Swift Affliction Support gem only when said Righteous Fire is also supported by Spell Totem Support gem.
I always assumed this combination worked because Spell Totem Support also added a "Duration" tag to Righteous Fire (which naturally does not have), but according to what you just said my assumption is wrong. Is Spell Totem a "special" Support akin to Enhance and Empower (as in, it does not follow the rule "Support gems cannot modify Skill gem")?

In this game a "Tag" is only what's listed on gems and governs which +level modifier to X type (that's the "tag") of gem applies.

Supportability naturally often overlaps, but is in actuality entirely independent from that "tag" system. Which Active Skill Gems a Support Gem supports is written in the Support Gem's description.

"Swift Affliction" for example states: "Supports any Skill that has a duration, or can hit enemies to inflict Ailments on them." Righteous Fire by itself has no duration and doesn't hit, but if it's supported by Spell Totem Support it does have a duration because the totem has one. That doesn't add a "Tag" to the gem, that's impossible to do. It simply adds a component to the spell that makes Swift Affliction a valid support gem.

In your head you can think of that as a "flag", or anything else, but it doesn't add or modify the "tags" in the gems description, which is the only thing that matters to +level of X type of gem.
Last edited by Medifrag on Oct 15, 2020, 1:30:05 AM
***accidental message, please ignore***
Last edited by Medifrag on Oct 15, 2020, 1:29:28 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Ydoum wrote:

Correct.

"
Ydoum wrote:
Blasphemy has a property written into the gem that makes linked curse gems also count as aura gems, right?
No. It makes no modification to the gems - regular supports can't do that*. It modifies the skills those gems grant you, making those skills count as Aura skills, despite coming from a non-Aura gem.

Blasphemy's modifier has nothing to do with gem tags.

*Empower and Enhance are special in that they are support gems that modify skill gems, rather than modifying skills. This requires their implementation to be entirely different to other support gems. The old version of Enlighten also did this, but unfortunately that pattern broke when that gem was changed.

Alright, Alright. Perhaps changing the modifier/wording on the gem itself would be in order then, as it does get confusing?

"Supported Curse Skills also count as Aura Skills"
"
Medifrag wrote:

"Swift Affliction" for example states: "Supports any Skill that has a duration, or can hit enemies to inflict Ailments on them." Righteous Fire by itself has no duration and doesn't hit, but if it's supported by Spell Totem Support it does have a duration because the totem has one. That doesn't add a "Tag" to the gem, that's impossible to do. It simply adds a component to the spell that makes Swift Affliction a valid support gem.

In your head you can think of that as a "flag", or anything else, but it doesn't add or modify the "tags" in the gems description, which is the only thing that matters to +level of X type of gem.

I understand now. Thank you very much

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info