Invisible Bosses and Enemies on PS4

Bumping this thread because this is 100% still present in the new patch.

I'm still dying regularly to effects that aren't visible on my screen.

I'm also having *way* more desync than I did last league.

It's really hard to be motivated to keep going hard when 95% of my deaths are no fault of my own, AND the current league mechanic is medium-core.

I just know that if I keep it up, I'm going to desync-die and/or invisible-attack-die during a ritual, and then not have enough favor to defer a really expensive chase item.

This stuff is anti-fun.

I'm loving the new expansion (Echoes), and I think I *would* like Ritual, if I could just SEE what was going on and didn't constantly feel like I'm about to die because the game is going 5 FPS with no textures and only half the models loaded.
Game is totaly broke again even normal maps lag so badly.
What about the extra month you had GGG?!
Just made everything worse i guess :(

Good Job!
I love the fact that this is not even listed as a known issue yet.
OI!! I bought a range extender and it seemed to fix a problem with another. I improved my Download speed from 24 mbps to 35~ mbps, and Upload speed is inconsistent. I loaded in, and to my surprise all of the textures loaded. I don't understand why does "low" internet speed causes such a catastrophic error?

If it's loading issue, why aren't the textures on the hard drive? And if the in theory loading textures from your server is better, can we have some type of 'loaded texture check' , where we wont have to worry about this?

I'm writing this in hopes of Having ANYONE from GGG read this. This issue is on going for over 7 months, with multiple people. This whole process has been quite discouraging, and frustrating, as you have left us to fend for ourselves. This proves that the level of communication from your end needs to be better.

"
OI!! I bought a range extender and it seemed to fix a problem with another. I improved my Download speed from 24 mbps to 35~ mbps, and Upload speed is inconsistent. I loaded in, and to my surprise all of the textures loaded. I don't understand why does "low" internet speed causes such a catastrophic error?

This is not the cause. The issue is basically random, and it's coincidence that yours got better after that.

Poor interne can cause lag and desync, but is 100% unrelated to texture issues.

I have 3.5Mbs down and about a 1/10th of that up, and I didn't experience texture issues this league until a day or two ago, despite having played many hours every day.

The texture issues I do experience are quite rare. I've minor incidents 2 or 3 times this league, and major incidents twice.
So does GGG plan to actually fix this issue? Because this is the 3rd league in a row I've had this problem show up. It's nice that the crashing seems to be far less, but it's a bloody pain to play the game only to die to enemies I LITERALLY can't see. Can we PLEASE get a texture fix?
This should be fixed again. Sorry about that.
"
Alexander_GGG wrote:
This should be fixed again. Sorry about that.

As of when? Because I just tried it about 4 hours ago and in the second stage, just outside of the first town, I had the human enemies be completely invisible. And in town two of the 3 NPCs were also invisible.

Edit: I've uninstalled the game. Rebooted my PS4. Reinstalled the game. I've even moved the game from my larger external drive to the consoles internal one. No change.
Last edited by ZaneWolfe on May 23, 2021, 7:57:44 PM
The issue was fixed on our side 2 hours ago.
We are working on a more stable long term solution.
As of July 2021 this is still an issue. I have this issue on both PS4 and PS5.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info