Global Chat is Toxic

Hello. So have been playing this game for awhile, and have noticed that global chat can be pretty toxic. I feel like this puts a lot of new players off the game. I think something should be done about this, but I don't know what. lol. Anyway just a suggestion!
Last bumped on Sep 17, 2020, 1:53:07 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You can close chat and never use it again.

Done.
What is toxic? I think it's toxic that you try and talk on behalf of other people
I found that the best way to avoid the toxicity is to either:

1) Turn off Global Chat entirely
2) Join higher numbered (less populated) global chats with /global until you find one that has the least amount of toxicity going on
Lol. Well thanks for the comments everyone, and advice I'm aware that global chat is optional, and turning it off is the best option to avoid toxicity. It was merely an observation and opinion that global chat can be toxic. Everyone is entitled to say whatever they want in global chat and I believe it's their right to do so, but it was merely after long term observation of global chat that lead me to state it can be toxic. However I suppose there are better places for new players to get advice, and help. So I guess that makes this sort of a dumb thread. Lol. Also I wasn't speaking for anyone. It was just my opinion based off observation of the conversations that go on in global chat. My perspective is that it benefits GGG to retain players, and it's just my opinion that maybe a better/different in game help system would be best. I don't really know, but just was thinking about all this, and it's merely some ideas and opinions I have made based off observation.
Last edited by WayneTheWicked on Sep 16, 2020, 8:35:26 AM
Honestly, i've played dozens of different online games and i have yet to see one where the global chat is NOT toxic. It seems to be some general widely agreed junkyard for trolls and idiots and that's fine imo. Every game also has private channels, discord and other options available for those who are looking for socializing.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Sep 16, 2020, 8:25:21 AM
"
Lol. Well thanks for the comments everyone, and advice I'm aware that global chat is optional, and turning it off is the best option to avoid toxicity. It was merely an observation and opinion that global chat can be toxic. Everyone is entitled to say whatever they want in global chat and I believe it's their right to do so, but it was merely after long term observation of global chat that lead me to state that it can be quite toxic to new players going there for advice, and help. However I suppose there are better places for new players to get advice, and help. So I guess that makes this sort of a dumb thread. Lol.

Global chat is not a place to look for advice or help. For that help chat should be used (tho we don't have one).
Anyway, because global chat is the only tool used for communication it is OK to ask for advice/help here however the way you ask is most important.

Majority of cases when global chat is "toxic" are this two situations:
"player ask to price their item"
"player ask a question about mechanic"

In theory there is nothing wrong in any of these 2 but here comes the reality.
First is spam. People want to use chat to talk with others and not to act as support center looking at chat spammed with questions.

Second is the way person asked his question. There is major difference between:
"im too lazy to pc so do it for me" and "hey guys, i tried to price check an item searching for this rolls with x value but i cant figure out correct price

or

asking questions about some random build (such a question should be asked on forum with linked pob and your current gear) or mechanical questions that literally takes few seconds to find answer on poe wiki without looking in not obvious places.

I will gladly help player who put effort in looking for answer.
But when i see that person is simply lazy i will be toxic, very toxic.
Last edited by karoollll2534 on Sep 16, 2020, 8:48:15 AM
Very good and true information by karoolll2534.
Dang I thought global chat was just to praise le toucan.

Seriously though I feel global 820 is one of the most helpful channels in any game.
"
Hello. So have been playing this game for awhile, and have noticed that global chat can be pretty toxic. I feel like this puts a lot of new players off the game. I think something should be done about this, but I don't know what. lol. Anyway just a suggestion!

have you seen how cringe reddit is. spolier: is its all the same people
Last edited by POEtayto on Sep 16, 2020, 3:00:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info