Need some help increasing damage

Currently trying to go for a staff templar, mostly physical dps. Currently using sweep as my aoe and heavy strike as single target

armor is roughly 5000 ES 400, sweep dps is 1900, heavy is 4000. I find that even though i'm level 65 i'm having trouble with lvl 60 mobs, especially the specialties

Any ideas/ strategies to help increase my survivability and dps at the same time?

My gear

skill tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbD1QUTRhdGNcZLiftKS40vjXWPC09_ERyRQpFjkz_TdhUSVcNXz9m2Wh0ah5qO2z2cql3Ynq4fLh8u3zZfVOBb4LkgziEY4TEinSKr4rkjAaMdpARkweUoJvsnYCePKIApKyoGKlorKqvbLRztz63crndvTm-vMQVxPbFisau1I_YTdlh2mLdBeTx51LvDvAf8i_zcfPd9MY=

Thanks!
more life. drop all of your physical damage nodes near the center and pick up every life node you can. then, add +life on every item. You should aim for at least 60+ life, if not 80+ life, on each item you are using (except your weapon). life trumps all.

what are your resists? It seems like you have way more than enough from your gear + the skill tree. drop whatever you can to focus on more life. also try out enduring cry.

Then, add every aura to increase damage that you can. You have hatred; pair this with a reduced mana gem, and also try to add anger, wrath. Also, for a high armor build like yours, determination may really help. Note that it yields "more" armor, not "increased" armor, so it is multiplicative.

Sweep is slooow and gets you in close quarters with enemies. You may ultimately find you may want to switch, so do try other skills. At the very least, get some ias on your gloves, preferably 10+%. You can also try life on hit or try adding more life leech.

Your staff is actually quite good for your current build. Try at some point to get, say, 5L armor. But there are lower hanging fruit for you to grab.

Last edited by FrederickHermanJonesJr on Mar 26, 2013, 10:46:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info