I just ate a can of vegetarian refried beans.

It was disgusting. I don't recommend it. It seems alright at first, a bit into it this nasty vegetation flavor starts to seep in though.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
Last bumped on Sep 11, 2020, 1:06:36 PM
But have you ever had a can of Surströmming? HAVE YOU?!! I dare you!
if my refried beans arent made out of steak, i send them back
Avocado oil, chipotle sauce lime and garlic makes those awesome. I dont even eat cheese or eggs let alone meat and lard and have no issue with making delicious food. Get a better cookbook.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 7, 2020, 6:01:21 PM
"
LV9999Majin wrote:
It was disgusting. I don't recommend it. It seems alright at first, a bit into it this nasty vegetation flavor starts to seep in though.

I have been a vegetarian for almost 25 years, I always buy regular refried beans (just not a brand made with animal fats) and they taste great.

Did you mean a vegan version?
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
You can make your own vegetarian refried beans

Soak and cook pinto beans in the usual manner. Heat up some oil and sizzle some onions, garlic, chiles, poblanos, anchos, whatever. Roll the beans in that oil, stir and toss them so they're coated with flavor and the skins are starting to come off. Mash with a potato masher or fork, turn down the heat, keep stirring and folding in all the onion bits and such. Top with fresh sliced red onion, fresh coriander, thin sliced green onions, and/or queso blanco.

Freeze unused portions (minus the garnish) in old yogurt cups with hard plastic lids. Thaw under warm sink water then open and add to dish to reheat.

I don't have any experience with avocado oil but it sounds like it might be either fantastic, or difficult to find a fresh batch.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Aren't all refried beans vegan?
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
Aren't all refried beans vegan?

Not when they are made with lard.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Yuck.
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
Yuck.

Lard may not be a pleasant word and it may not be very good for you but lard is delicious in many fried foods, including refried beans.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info