Wizzis' LA Templar

I am not level 90+ so my thread may be moot, but here is my LA Templar and it works flawlessly.

The Build
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBVuLjOFz7SBG113G3fO2hn1TYG2dgN0FgzjvfIKbKU_sOFfiMol35QSzAnEUTfAfogCBb548TdiMdho4p4SQVbUERUcy0biTpwiPRtDQm6Fnve5v99esmBSwAP0XUEwtgh7bCzowrKpyqXzZfLskiz0PxPbEFTwtxq599bc-Ztm0cxjXNL56uGz2guSQEYqvc-H3iF-q2mKUoGh02E0TW2TnVdZen3xL7Bl3464-Z5spLtSPud3yL-8OfLg9_FhjUFCMz_ZIXz_a3f6_-i57BzNWt6Un7fPd

The skills
Spoiler
Projectile Weakness, Decoy Totem, Lightning Arrow, Clarity, Haste, Wrath, Anger, Hatred.

Key Gems to make this work:
Reduced Mana
Blood Magic
Lightning Penetration
LMP
Life on Hit

Decoy totem at higher levels is an insane tank and taunt ability, it can tank mob packs of 10+, giving me more than enough time to curse, fire a few arrows, redeploy totem, and finish off whatever it is.

Projectile Weakness is my personal preference, I like the pierce and KB, over Elemental Weakness. I only use Elemental Weakness on Champions with Elemental Resist.

The strat is very simple for this build, throw out a totem, curse, spam light arrow. With the build your mana regen is fast enough you will cast it more often than not.

Personally, I use Quill Rain for this build, seems to be the FOTM. I do not see the point in a high damage, low speed bow, if your an Elemental build. I attack 4.19 aps, and Merc is mindless.

Flasks:
2 Granite, with +armor% mods
2 Quicksilver
1 Chaos resist

These are just my preferences, and SURGEON is always a nice mod.

I wear ringmail gear, it offers decent armor, and the ES adds to your mana pool early on, if you find yourself finding gear making mana not an issue, you can trade the points going to EB for more life, or take the Light Damage Nodes.

Work in progress, so if you have questions or criticism please post it.

EDIT: Hatred, for me, is not for damage, but for the slow, if you find gear with any kind of cold damage, you could easily trade it out of Vitality, Purity, or Determination. I do not recommend Discipline or Grace.
Last edited by Novamech1 on Mar 26, 2013, 1:48:01 PM
mini bump in case anyone is looking to criticize.
Hi I recently started a HC Templar and was thinking of LA build. Was wondering what passives you aimed for in first 30ish lvls.
"
mintyman wrote:
Hi I recently started a HC Templar and was thinking of LA build. Was wondering what passives you aimed for in first 30ish lvls.

i personally think this is a great start to any templar build

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbFE0aODrYRtdN2F3GYG2Bb4M4i4yMdpBVnYCePKIAp4TAGt3z4XPsOO0g8B8=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info