PoE crashing so tried a re-install and now it's crashing while tring to re-install.

I had been having more and more crashes recently and yesterday I couldn't even play; because it either crashed on loading the game or on the first time I changed area.

So I figured a clean install would be worth a shot as that's worked for excessive crashes in the past. However when I tried to re-installing the game I got the same crashes I was having previously, the poe.exe has stopped working, even after several attempts and restarts.

After that failed I figured it might be windows so I manually updated windows. Once up to date I tried installing PoE again, still crashing.

Then I ran a malwarebytes scan, no threats detected.

Then I uninstalled and reinstalled my graphics driver. Tried installing PoE again, still crashing.

I then ran a system file check and DISM Scan and Restore health until they all came back clean and ok. Tried installing PoE again, still crashing.

So I uninstalled PoE again from the add/remove programs menu, then uninstalled AutoHotKeys that I was using for the trademacro figured than may be interfereing somehow. Then searched my file system for PoE and Exile and manually deleted any relevant files still remaining.

Restared my computer then tried to reinstall PoE again, still crashing.

I can't play the game, please help!
Last bumped on Aug 24, 2020, 12:31:07 AM
This is what i see when it crashes, same every time, no error reporting of any sort.

https://imgur.com/a/mQPq1lb
Last edited by Tzoshirzup on Aug 15, 2020, 12:32:56 PM
I've also now tried CCleaner clearing the registry, still no luck and getting the same crashes while trying to reinstall.
Still can't install or play the game . . .
I'm not sure what you mean?
Is there something I should do? It sounds like you're trying to remote into my PC. I am fine if you want to try that, but I'm not sure how you've been attempting it.
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. - POE
Whelp, resetting windows seems to have worked, i got poe installed again and can play.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info