Tanky Spellcaster templar (incinerate)

I'm already lvl 55 following this build, and it's working out pretty well. I just want to know if anyone has any feedback from trying a similar build. I've been using Incinerate as my nuke but other spells could work just as well. Figured i'd post as all i see nowadays is "Dual ___ Totem" builds... zzzz..zzzz.ZZZzzz...

Relevant stats:

Defenses
206 max life
167% max life
2.9% life regen
104% armor
146.2% ES

21% shield block chance
55% defenses from shield

5% maximum resists
75% all resists (+30% from shield, +45% all the time)

Offense
41% ele damage
Static blows
48% fire/cold damage
42% lightning damage

Basically, you wear Armor/ES gear with + HP on it, your ES pool is more of a "buffer zone" to give you time to escape if you get in deep shiet. Your shield will give you godly defenses/block and cap your resists without needing to wear TONS of resist gear.

For auras, I'd recomend Purity if mana leech allows and discipline. Mana will be in short supply with incinerate (other spells can probably use more auras).

The trick with the damage (which I haven't quite nailed yet) is status effects. Static blows gives you 20% chance to shock on hit if your lightning damage is high enough and QUALITY cold damage support gem gives you up to 10% chance to freeze on hit if your cold damage is high enough. No burning, burning is bad (mobs run away).

Incinerate hits roughly 7 times a second for me right now at lvl 55. thats a 79% chance to shock per second on every mob. I also have a 13% cold damage (6% chance to freeze) so thats a 35% chance to freeze per second on each mob. Combine that with elemental Proliferation and you will freeze/shock annihilate every mob when you get stage 4 of incierate.

The key to it is how to do enough damage though, my gear right now isn't good enough to shock/freeze mobs because since my cold/lightning damage is so low that the shock/freeze is below the cutoff time.

Mana is a real issue at the moment aswell. I am finally getting my mana leech gem high enough so that by the time i get to stage 4 my mana is pretty much sustaining itself with mana pots sparingly. I use an Incinerate Totem with lesser multiple projectiles just to allow me to continue killing in case i run out of mana and pots, it also tanks pretty well right now.

Also if you're worried about the range of incinerate, don't be. if you get faster projectiles gem, faster projectiles on your main hand, the unique amulet with faster projectiles, or any combination of those you'll be melting mobs across your screen easily. If you want more defense, BLIND IS FUUUUKIIINNGGG AMAZING especially on the totem with lesser multiple proj, the mobs will barely touch you.

Summary: (gems listed in order of importance)

Incinerate - Added cold, Mana leech, Added lightning, Life Leech, Ele Proliferation, whatever(faster casting/faster proj/quality culling strike/iron will/blind)

Incinerate2 - Spell Totem, Lesser multiple proj, faster casting, faster proj, blind, whatever(see above)

Once i get strong enough, i might replace the spell totem gem with a mana leech and have 2 versions of the spell, AoE and single target.
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
All these nodes picked up just to increase the damage of your added lightning/added cold damage support?
Thats really not worth it... status alignments are cool but not at such a cost
"
All these nodes picked up just to increase the damage of your added lightning/added cold damage support?
Thats really not worth it... status alignments are cool but not at such a cost

I guess once my spell damage gets high enough i'll drop those nodes for others, I am just trying to get consistent freeze/shock stacks going though.

if all the mobs are perma frozen and taking 120% more damage... its defiantly worth it
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info