Armour and physical damage reduction

Always wondered about the armour and physical damage reduction in PoE. It still makes no sense to me. Who thought that naked level 27 character with one potion has more armour than character clad in full armour?

To explain, granite potion grants 3000 armour and only one item surpasses that value in the game (Brass dome with 5000+). When euqipped with standard helm, body armour, boots and gloves you have around 2500 armor. OFC you can buy/craft items with armour affixes but that's a joke.

In comparion to that, resistance potion give you 50% to single element and it is very easy to gain 45% resist to certain element per item (can go higher)... to put that in perspective, I would expect to see armour per item to reach 2700 easy but it isn't so.

I would like to see some rework in that department... but hey...

P.S. don't go commenting around several dozens of physical damage mitigation options... you mitigate elemental damage with elemental resistance, chaos damage with chaos resistance... why does it take nuklear science to mitigate physical damage?

Last bumped on Jul 30, 2020, 11:16:09 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
the biggest joke is that reflected damage isnt negated by res/armour at all
"
the biggest joke is that reflected damage isnt negated by res/armour at all
This is incorrect. Armour (and other sources of physical damage reduction), and resistances, apply to reflected damage exactly the same as they do to non-reflected damage.
armor doesnt work against bleeding because you arent getting hit
global phy reduction end charges etc work against bleed dmg

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info