No relation of Risk to Reward with the drop rates

I am still new to POE...only third league. I am now into ACT VI and there no longer appears to be a correlation between the strength of the mobs and the drop rate of good items.

In previous leagues, for the Act boss mobs, I often used one or two portal scrolls to sell all the loot and there were plenty of yellow drops. Now..the boss mobs aren't dropping hardly anything...heck two of them have dropped nothing. Same applies to the yellow and orange strength mobs...most are harder to kill but drop nothing.

I have seen 4 jewel drops...only one orange..so far to level 50. And three orange armor drops..none of which I can use. Resistance gear appears to be alot more rare. I am doing the seed thing but it is more time consuming and a time sink than fun.

I have only made it to level 59 previously and was hoping to make it to the maps this league...but gotta tell ya ...this is gettin' kinda boring. It was fun to sort through the loot and figure out what I could use or sell. And, definitely, the harder the mob..the better the loot.

Does it get better in succeeding ACTs and on the maps? Is the key now to just gather normal drops and hope you get ones you can use with the seed? Kinda scratchin' my head.
Last bumped on Jul 2, 2020, 11:10:17 PM
Don't worry about the Acts and their drop rates. The game doesn't "begin" until Maps, and even then, things change once you are past level 90. Use the crafting garden for health and sockets on gear and you will be golden.
Last edited by xxn1927 on Jul 2, 2020, 9:43:24 PM
You're supposed to be crafting using the garden, so currency and sellable items have been suppressed. Craft as you go. If you need help there are many gardening starter guides on Youtube, I recomend you watch a few of those first before you start so you don't set yourself back a lot of materials.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info