Help a returning player out

Hi! i used to play a little bit during the blight league, but got bored of necro,after quite some time i decided to redownload poe and start playing again, i decided on a melee class because i wanted a different experience from a range/squishy.My journey through acts wasnt very hard, though it took some time to get used to the boss buff that happened some time after blight league,but once i hit maps i just started getting oneshot even in t1 maps, im going to try and link my gear and hope i could get some help regarding my gear.

Last bumped on Jul 3, 2020, 12:04:18 PM
Welcome back. I'm seeing very little flat life on your gear. Beyond that, you'll need to unhide your character tab in prefs and then folks can load your PoB.
Last edited by GreyLensman on Jul 2, 2020, 5:08:02 PM
Yeah sorry, didnt know my tabs were hidden.where do you get a lot of flat hp? Mainly from armor or is it some from accessories and it just adds up?
You can get it on both armour and accessories. You can check in trade and use the filters to find the sweet spot in price. For example, an item with three good resistances and a good life roll is usually expensive, so you settle for something with maybe 3 of the 4, and also try to find one with an open slot so you can craft whatever is missing.
Thanks! im trying to get some more hp on armor and accesories. should i keep my resistances at about 55% because i have 5 endurance charges, and that gives me the missing 20%, and about chaos resistance, how much should i have it and is it a priority thing?
Have you finished Act 10? You lose an additional 30% in each elemental resist when you do.

I would try to max your resists independent of endurance charges, unless your build is such that you have 100% uptime on the e-charges. Even then, the ele weakness map mod can be annoying if you don't have a source of extra resist.

Chaos is a much lower priority than ele resists. But you will run into it more often as you progress in the atlas so it's something to work on as well.

Your life looks better for now. Keep working on it, including more % increased life in the tree as you have more passive points so spend.
thanks, ive been trying to get more life on armor and accessories and i feel like its working, i think i should be able to consistently keep my charges up, but right now its not a problem, because i have more resistances than needed :D.should i change my helmet?i got it mainly for chaos resistnaces and idk if its worth to lose the 50% on chaos, unless another helmet would boost me up by a lot,ive also passed act10 and startin to do some maps, for now the difference is quite big, and im enjoying the game a LOT more now, ty!
Sorry, yes, you did mention you were starting maps!

I would keep the helmet for now. It's something to have on your list to think about. You can keep an eye out for a drop with good life and armour; or try some Harvest crafting with life or defense mods on an armour base - Royal or Eternal Burgonet; and also check prices in trade. But you need to have a plan for chaos res before you drop that 50%.

Some other things to improve quality of life...

You can run Vaal side areas hoping for a Vaal Molten Shell, or just pick one up in trade. For an armour build, VMS makes a very good defenseive option.

I would get rid of one life flask and look for something like a Lion's Roar or even a basic Granite or Basalt flask to boost your phys mit.

Do you have bleed and freeze immunity somewhere in the build? If not, you will want them on flasks. I also like curse immunity on my quicksilver. Then you will want to work toward a set of flasks you can rotate as needed. If you like the Sulphur, craft one with poison immunity, one with ignite and one with shock. Some boss fights (e.g. Elder Guardians) really need specific ailment immunities. And the Hunter needs poison immune.

Glad it's getting better. I'm going to roll a 2H Jugg at some point this league.

Good luck!

Last edited by GreyLensman on Jul 3, 2020, 9:36:46 AM
wow,i actually didnt notice i picked up a vaal molten, that does seem really good,as for bleed and freeze resistance i dont think i have any of those ill try to roll some immunites,youve helped me a lot on getting on the right path and all i can say is thank you, you made the game so much more enjoyable to play.
For immunities on flasks, the trick is to alt spam until you get a prefix that you want and NO suffix. Then you go to Einhar and choose the immunity suffix you want, fight his beasts, and the suffix is crafted onto the flask for you. (Sometimes you get lucky and you get the suffix you wanted while alt spamming...)

Things to keep in mind:
Quality the flasks when they are still normal. You won't have many Glassblower's Baubles at this stage so you need to spend them carefully.
Know the names of the correct suffixes (e.g. bleed immunity is "of staunching", freeze immunity is "of heat", etc); the crafting interface doesn't tell you.
You need to be capturing beasts for Einhar or you may not have enough to do all the flask crafting you want.
Don't die fighting the beasts or the craft fails.

It's a great game and there is so much to learn.
Last edited by GreyLensman on Jul 3, 2020, 12:08:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info