Totem + frost nova

Well Frost Nova Totem builds are quite enjoyable simply because with all these increased AoE nodes the novas stretch half over the screen.

THe problem is that these get outshined by most other totems in terms of DPS and completely rely on good positioning in order to work.

Grabbing Lightning Walker just for the added lightning damage really isn't worth it...
Thank you for your insight, so how much less dps do you think its compared lets say a spark totem build?

Freezing mobs has its advantages too no?
"
Immow wrote:
Thank you for your insight, so how much less dps do you think its compared lets say a spark totem build?

Freezing mobs has its advantages too no?

DPS calculation for Totems is bugged ingame and I'm really not one of the game mechanic guys but well i'd say you end up with something around 30-40% less DPS compared to an equally equiped Spork build.

While Freezing is indeed good to have it is again based on how much damage is dealt in a hit and thus relies on your DPS.
Frost Nova Freezes on Critical @ 5% chance.
Shock Nova Shocks on Critical @ 4% chance.

The difference is Shock increases damage by a huge percentage each shock landed while Freeze just totally immobilizes enemies.

My Frost Nova Templar is 79 now. I've got every quality cold gem, the taming and I'm wearing a tabula rasa robe and the damage still stinks. The one benefit is I can still do high end content with virtually no armor on due to the freeze effect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info