Lightning damage % on wands does not have caster mod. "Remove a random non-caster mod" from Harvest

As mentioned in the title, used the craft on a wand and my lighting % was replaced with hybrid spell dmg % and mana mod.
Thought this was a mistake as it is flagged as caster mod on POE.db, looked into the wiki and unsure if tags there are reliable but it seems like lightning % is the only one not to have the caster tag.

Edit: Ignore the part on wiki, either was changed since or I misread on my 1st lookup.

Edit2: It is included on this list though https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_mods_affected_by_cannot_roll_caster_mods makes it quite odd imo
Last edited by Arksos on Jun 23, 2020, 9:48:59 PM
Last bumped on Jul 9, 2020, 4:26:28 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_wand_modifiers

So, which mod you mean?

Since #% increased Cold/Fire/Lightning Damage

none of them has caster tag
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Last edited by neohongkong on Jun 23, 2020, 9:40:06 PM
Mod group : WeaponCasterDamagePrefix

Man, you need to understand GGG has a very complex crafting system which is buggy such as missing tag as intended or unintended

All of the #% increased Cold/Fire/Lightning Damage has no mod tag, except Cold/Fire/Lightning

It DOES NOT matter what mod group they are in

For Delve and metamod crafting, the crafting behaviour probably controlled by spawn weight and generation weight, which has "spawn weight tag" or "generation weight tag": "no_caster_mods" / "has_caster_mod"
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

AND mod tag != "spawn weight tag" != "generation weight tag"

Yeah just wanted to make sure this was working as intended !
"
Arksos wrote:
Yeah just wanted to make sure this was working as intended !

gl on having a GGG reply. 99.9% seem never has a GGG reply even the thread report a legit bug

Also, the "generation weight"

has_caster_mod = 100 (weight)
has_attack_mod = 50 (weight)

probably it has no other mod tag other than the element

Is due to it is consider both attack and caster mod

Can't remember the mod only scale the weapon elemental damage for attack, or also scale spell damage

Last edited by neohongkong on Jun 23, 2020, 10:06:15 PM
Add another note.

I don't rule out it is a bug but the mod tag itself does not have "caster mod" on it, and yes it is confusing for people for mod generation behaviour and different (3) tags on the mod.

The change X yo Y res harvest craft is bugged BTW

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2876090

I can confirm.

Remove Caster Mod does not work on %lightning damage Prefix.

GGG needs to address.
I used to be conceited, but now I'm perfect
Last edited by Orich on Jul 8, 2020, 2:00:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info