Does Increase Quantity of Items Dropped Help Find More Orbs?

I thought I had read something that Increased Rarity does nothing to help you find orbs, but would having more items literally drop from Increase Quantity help increase the chance of finding orbs?
Yes, its confirmed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Increased Rarity does increase the rarity of orbs.

The lowest is scroll of wisdom and highest is mirror of kalandara.
English is my third language, there will be bugs.
"
LadyDevimon wrote:
Increased Rarity does increase the rarity of orbs.

The lowest is scroll of wisdom and highest is mirror of kalandara.

Rarity affects items, not currency. Quantity affects everything, more of everything = more orbs.
Increased Item Rarity affects the rarity mechanic, not the actual relative rarity between different items. Since currencies don't have rarity (mechanical), IIR does not affect them. It doesn't affect if a currency drops, or which one drops.

Each currency item has a number which dictates how rare it is compared to the other currencies. For example, Mirror of Kalandra might be 1 while Scroll of Wisdom is 700,000. When loot drops, the roll decides what type of item will drop. If the roll picks currency, another roll is used to determine which currency, out of the total of all currencies' relative values. This has nothing to do with the rarity mechanic.

IIR only comes into play after the item types have been selected, and a drop needs to have a rarity assigned to it.

Increased Item Quantity gives more currency drops simply because it gives more items. More drops means more chances to roll currency instead of gear.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Apr 19, 2012, 4:45:05 PM
Thx for the clear answer!
English is my third language, there will be bugs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info