Elephant in the room !!!!

nicely playing with a Raider level 94... realy sick char, enemies fall one by one with no doubts.

every thing is fine, until you do damn sindicate thing....

man, if u see that shit.

sometimes i realy get confused with game combat mecanics, (in fact if they exist). i mean who do more damage? a sindicate spawn or guardian of minotaur?

seriously, i stoped there, I took a drag on the cigarette and took a sip of coffee, and i realized that iam completly confused.

even the guardian of minotaur cant get me 1 hit killing, how the hell that shitty sindicate spawn shot me once and PUFFF!!

seriously what is your problem GGG?

I keep thinking about a simple encounter with this type of enemy in the game, it's very confusing, the guy in a T16 map simple apear hit you once and kill you .... are you realy call that a challenge, I really have even more doubts the degree of intelligence of a person who calls it a challenge. the fact is not about XP lost, cuz am not leveling, because your wonderful T16 maps do not provide me with enough XP to keep leveling, but resuming the logic, because the char dies in this type of encounter, which in fact represents a tremendous flaw, or do you really know that but it doesn’t interest you?
this is disregard.

what is your problem ???????

Last edited by KaiserBlade42 on May 29, 2020, 10:46:08 PM
Last bumped on Jun 2, 2020, 3:20:14 AM
it depends on map mods, even random white monster can one-shot you if the map mods are just combo perfectly, or even you can one-shot yourself.
Their damage was never a problem for me even in t16 maps.
The problem is the lag that comes with the assassins and the overall "surprise mofo" type encounter.
Ambush by syndi[Removed by Support] always occurs right on your character, and always in a confined space (if there is one near you).

what's more, it will only trigger if you have one or more monster packs in LOS and they are activated (aware of you and attacking). I have run circles around the starting area, give or take 3 screens, and never seen an ambush trigger until there were other monsters present AND I was near a wall or corridor or small tight space or a rock formation.

This is crappy news for summoners, who often rely on a meatshield between them and boss to avoid getting squished. The ambush doesn't care it just spawns directly at your character's feet.

It's also crappy news for folks who don't block. Haku, Elreon, Leo, Vagan, and Aisling all have big splashy attacks that autoplay when they first come out of the green portal. You may not have time to react if the portal and the ambush cause any sort of stutter or lag. In the case of Aisling and Leo these alpha strikes are packaged with a DOT (poison and bleeding respectively) that is foreshortened but will rapidly down you.

Because of the way IC was nerfed, it will trigger with the initial hit, but then peter out and be refractory when the bleed is still ramping.

Tora and ITF apply poop ground and degen around them as they jump out of the portal. This is again a way of delivering a massive alpha strike and following up with a dot you can't block or mitigate using CWDT/IC. They are designed to require you to take manual evasive action/flasking when often you're still lagging and stuttering and that's the one thing you CANNOT do.

Get rid of the lag and the problem pretty much goes away - it becomes a simple test of your skills. But with the lag inherent in any "spawn onPlayerPosition" event, including Intervention and also Delirium fog monsters, your best bet is to invest in some block - a lot of block - and learn to anticipate where that green portal gonna pop up in a map you know has Jun in there.

Don't plunge into packs in tight spaces close to the starting gate. Test the waters: toss up a totem, plink a couple guys, kite them back into open ground so you have room to dash away and flask up if that green portal triggers.

If you're in a wide open map, circle around the start point a bit to get a sense of the terrrain, kill a few packs, control the flow of traffic. This doesn't have to take a long time or slow you down - you can do it fast to satisfy the trigger conditions or you can take time to clear a big space for yourself to concentrate on dodging and avoiding shit

Don't just run up and hit the fog mirror the minute you locate it. That's often when a) new monsters will appear on the map, spawning right on your position because that's what Delirium is designed to do; and b) those new packs will now satisfy the trigger requirements of the Intervention encounter and Vagrant and Haku and Rin will come barfing out of a green asshole in the fabric of spacetime, ready to combo you out.

Let the intervention squad trigger normally, deal with it, then once you've dispo'd all the syndicants, THEN go hit the mirror. Yes, you're losing extra IIQ and deli bonus on the few packs of trash around the entrance. You're losing extra quant and brownie points for gunning down interventionists in teh fog. But hey you're more likely to survive and it's like 3-4 packs at most, and your fog isn't dissipating while you're trying to fix up your stringboard.

If it's still a total slideshow of death, try proccing intervention by itself in acts to get rid of it - get your safehouse in order on a difficulty level you can survive afk - scarabs don't care about item level or monster level. Then go back and run your juns knowing the intervention safehouse is fully researched and ready to pop. You won't get jumped and you can go about your business.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Last edited by Kane_GGG on May 30, 2020, 2:14:20 AM
Well, 4.7k life and 36% evade chance ain't super great for melee character, hehe. Maybe try getting at least jade flask of reflexes for starters. Also, shouldn't your uncapped lightning resistance be the highest one for wise oak to work?
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
"
KaiserBlade42 wrote:
nicely playing with a Raider level 94... realy sick char, enemies fall one by one with no doubts.

every thing is fine, until you do damn sindicate thing....

man, if u see that shit.

sometimes i realy get confused with game combat mecanics, (in fact if they exist). i mean who do more damage? a sindicate spawn or guardian of minotaur?

seriously, i stoped there, I took a drag on the cigarette and took a sip of coffee, and i realized that iam completly confused.

even the guardian of minotaur cant get me 1 hit killing, how the hell that shitty sindicate spawn shot me once and PUFFF!!

seriously what is your problem GGG?

I keep thinking about a simple encounter with this type of enemy in the game, it's very confusing, the guy in a T16 map simple apear hit you once and kill you .... are you realy call that a challenge, I really have even more doubts the degree of intelligence of a person who calls it a challenge. the fact is not about XP lost, cuz am not leveling, because your wonderful T16 maps do not provide me with enough XP to keep leveling, but resuming the logic, because the char dies in this type of encounter, which in fact represents a tremendous flaw, or do you really know that but it doesn’t interest you?
this is disregard.

what is your problem ???????

Saying you survive Minotaur hits doesn't mean much. His damage is physical with a portion converted to lightning damage. That actually helps low armor builds.

Syndicate has members that hit for pure physical damage and hard. It also has Tora, which will turn you inside out if you don't have decent chaos resist. Each one is different.

The better question is which syndicate killed you, and then examining your defenses against that damage type.

Edit: Dodge and shield block do nothing to stop one-shots. If you get hit, they don't mitigate any damage. It's an all or nothing proposition. Evasion at least helps some with one shots since it will help you avoid critical hits from attacks even when you are hit.
Last edited by Nubatron on May 30, 2020, 9:36:13 AM
Welcome to Path of Exile.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
Nubatron wrote:
Saying you survive Minotaur hits doesn't mean much. His damage is physical with a portion converted to lightning damage. That actually helps low armor builds.

It's only 30% converted to lightning..

Like cmon, minotaur with 1-2 damage mods can overwhelm my herald stacker if he just ate everything. How many other bosses can do that?
"
yamface wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:

It's only 30% converted to lightning..

Like cmon, minotaur with 1-2 damage mods can overwhelm my herald stacker if he just ate everything. How many other bosses can do that?

There was not enough information for that to be a meaningful statement. Any decent build survives a vanilla minotaur hit. My point was that it's converted which does tend to help right side of the tree builds.

He doesn't even mention which syndicate member killed him. I can't remember the last time syndicate killed me after it was nerfed in Betrayal.

To be more clear, if he was killed by Tora, then I would call into question his chaos defenses and being able survive the Minotaur hit means very little in that scenario.
Last edited by Nubatron on May 30, 2020, 10:03:00 AM
"
Nubatron wrote:
There was not enough information for that to be a meaningful statement. Any decent build survives a vanilla minotaur hit. My point was that it's converted which does tend to help right side of the tree builds.

A herald stacker not being able to withstand minotaur with 1-2 damage mods is not meaningful to you? The build that is capped on resistances and almost capped on true physical reduction?

I don't even blame op for not knowing what exact syndicate killed him because there's multiples of them fighting you at the same time and half of them to this day I have no idea what they even do.

Syndicates are the only thing in the game that I actively avoid doing. I just threw everyone in research and ignored jun spawns every map. Part of it is because I get like 5 fps when I fight them. Another reason being that some of these guys do comically high damage for reasons that are not obvious from the players pov. The good old "run circles around them until they die strat" proved to be not a reliable strat as I found out the hard way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info