[Even 4 Years Later]: Why Is This Still A Thing?!!

"
Imaginaerum wrote:
I remember Diablo 3 had legendary weapons that were good, except it made monsters flee and I never used those weapons because of it. Truly a useless ability that's persisted in ARPGs

Brings back memes of this crap being sold over and over, topping at some 7k euro or so.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
There was definitely a time in the game where packs of white and blue monsters were still something to think about. Even in those times, Chance to Flee Support was not great -- but it still had some utility on a totem or side skill. It has no place in the game now.
I'm more interested in deleting the vast majority of uniques that are completely useless (When's the last time anyone outside of day 1 SSF equiped The Peregrine?).

I imagine they'll make a pass of that sort in PoE 2.0
"
yamface wrote:
"
6_din_49 wrote:
Well, at least the wiki is accurate:
"
This gem is basically a relic from when the game was much different. Currently the unreliable effect of what fleeing does and it not working when it would be useful, namely on bosses or scary rares, cause this gem to be obsolete in most cases.

Source: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Chance_to_Flee_Support

But this gem was never useful though. Like even in 2012 closed beta who used this??? Especially during an era where a 6L wasn't even a thing for most people.
Probably it was designed for combos like CWDT+AoE+Flee support, or Nova+Flee support, to isolate rares, in times when 6L were "ultimate endgame gear".
Last edited by 6_din_49 on May 31, 2020, 5:34:17 PM
"
6_din_49 wrote:
Probably it was designed for combos likeCWDT+AoE+Flee support, or Nova+Flee support, to isolate rares, in times when 6L were "ultimate endgame gear".

The gem was released in 2012, waaaaaay before any trigger gems existed or were probably even thought of by GGG.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Actually guys this gem turns out to be pretty decent in blighted maps. Apparently you can make monsters run backwards in their own lanes lmao
This and conversion trap might be useful in 80% pack size maps with 100% delirium.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
It is actually very good gem support.

I always use it as part of my 6 link main skill to instantly kill all the mobs. This gem support skill most OP part is that it is immune to nerfs by GGG.

I strongly recommend everyone to use this gem support as part of their 6 links. It actually works on Sirus and most bosses too, triggering phrases that make you safe.
"
dachoppa wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:

tHeRe nEeD To bE BaD gEmS sO YoU CaN ApPrEcIaTe tHe gOoD OnEs! -ggg, probably.

Y'know I have this crazy idea, maybe I'm just plucking loopy, but maybe, just maybe, if more things were equally good, people might just pick one or the other based on what would be fun to them.

I know, it's lunacy, but that must be why I don't rake in all that dank supporter bux.
This is a buff™
I use this to make Sirus run like a little bitch!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info