Dominator/Conversion Templar

This is my current build at level 41.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswU6BVsPVBRNGS4kiyftMtE2uj0PRHJFR0bXWfNdxl6fYG1yqXxLfLt82YM4hK-ExIp0kFWdgJ48ogCpaKyqtQS4k7ndwBrE9sWKxczUj93z51Lr7uwZ7w7wH_Iv

It uses a 2H Maul as a weapon and standard Templar armor.

It currently uses Dominating Blow + Melee damage as a main attack, Glacial Hammer + Melee Damage + Elemental Damage as the middle mouse button (boss killer), and Lightning Strike + Life Gain on Hit for blue named mobs.

It uses 2 Conversion Traps (1 with increased Duration. I'll be adding the other once I find the right sockets on gear), Warlord's Mark, and Purity.

Warlord's mark has worked quite well for times when I've run low on flasks. I'm considering switching to Vulnerability.

Conversion Trap works quite well as an agro dump against large mobs. It draws enough attention that only 2-3 out of 10-12 actually attack you. As long as you can dominate those before the conversion wears off, the mob becomes very easy to deal with.

Glacial Hammer the unique or rare enemies and lightning strike the elite ones.

Leveling

I would have done this much differently. The leveling process with this toon has been trial and error (with lots of error)

1-23: Pick a single target damaging skill like Infernal Blow, Glacial Hammer, or Heavy Strike as a main skill and get lightning strike ASAP. Infernal Blow is recommended due to necromancers. At this point, Skeletons and Zombies will help greatly as well.

Get to Resolute Technique and Soul Siphon ASAP. RT will help you conserve mana.

24+: Get 2 Conversion Traps. Swap out your skeletons and zombies for the traps (the traps are much better for what you're trying to accomplish). Get dominating blow to use as your main attack.

Try to get the 20% mana cost reduction nodes near Templar. Work down to Mara and get the critical damage reduction nodes.

This is where I am now and this is how I'd recommend it (I leveled differently and it was much, MUCH harder). I would suggest getting a Granite Flask as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info