Time for some more complex league?

I don't say these "go and smash" leagues are bad, but like several leagues in a row we have these brainless zugzug leagues (delirium, metamorph, blight, legion).
Maybe time for something a bit more complex again, like delve, incursion or betrayal? (Ok not as a complex as synthesis, that was too much).
Last edited by gageris on May 12, 2020, 6:33:53 AM
Last bumped on May 28, 2020, 9:37:12 PM
I want synthesis back.

Locked in item mods = good crafting gear
Build and connect your own maps

Man that league was great, don't know why people hated it so much.
I blame the streamers, they love their wizz bang zoom zooms.
please, no more league like incursion or betrayal, i fcking hate the idea of pop a goddamn big window and block my whole screen in the middle of the map like the syndicate board.
"
Ozxell wrote:
please, no more league like incursion or betrayal, i fcking hate the idea of pop a goddamn big window and block my whole screen in the middle of the map like the syndicate board.

yea, same. i want to go play the game and not have mini games with arcane rules where you sit there not play the game and shuffle resources around.

that's why delve was so popular until they nerfed the crap outta fossil drops this league: you just click somewhere and go. no managing watchstones, sextants, scarabs and master missions or some entirely different system like betrayal or incursion. i'm so glad synthesis got axed and only the drops were kept.

edit: i agree, though, that the speed should be toned down a bit. this is the first league and the first time ever where i feel my wrist can't handle the insane number of actions necessary. i can faceroll delirium and the simulacrum, but it requires so much clicking to dodge and move around if you're not a herald stacking build and a dodge/evasion based like mine.
Last edited by dachoppa on May 12, 2020, 7:02:20 AM
"
yamface wrote:
I want synthesis back.

Locked in item mods = good crafting gear
Build and connect your own maps

Man that league was great, don't know why people hated it so much.

the implementation was bad, the league itself the idea, the content, the items (after dataminers produced a list of the values you needed to get specific mods) were all great but implementation is like #1 for what your league requires to be accepted.

Bestiary was considered a bust for the exact same reason
synthesis was a great league^^ not the best but it was a good one nonetheless ^^
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
Memory Nexus' soundtrack is amazing
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
"
dachoppa wrote:

edit: i agree, though, that the speed should be toned down a bit.

That is impossible, unless you want to see ten thousands of players leaving. Marvel Heroes did that, and after 6 months the company was done.
Players will max everything they can to get a speed advantage.
PoE already gives the impression of a slow game while leveling which caused players to not go further and lead to new gems at level 4.
"
I blame the streamers, they love their wizz bang zoom zooms.

Streamers weren't the ones making the biggest stink about any of the controversial leagues. It mostly wasn't streamers who were threatening the leave the game if certain leagues they didn't like went core - that was seen mostly from regular players here on the forums snd Reddit. Streamers may like playing fast, but they typically don't try to hold GGG to ransom (they make a living from this game, after all). That kind of behavior is totally on the haters here who aren't so prominent.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info