Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

3.10 Low Cost Spark/EK Scion Herald Stack - CI - 2.5k ES Regen - All content viable

THIS BUILD IS NO LONGER POSSIBLE WITH THIS SETUP DUE TO PATCHES

Hello Everyone! Welcome to my low cost CI Scion Herald Stack build, in this guide we'll go over the things that make this build work, what makes this build strong, and what you can expect at different levels of investment.

The basic POB that I will post further in the guide has a total investment of 28.5 Exalted orbs. All purchases were made on 5/11/20 and everything including skill gems were purchased directly from trade. Currency CAN be saved by crafting shield/boots/amulet yourself, or by collecting the jewels that you will need prior to starting the build. This CAN be done for cheaper, at a sacrifice of clear speed. For around 20 ex I was able to clear all content and uber elder with no flasks.

-May 26th, 2020 - BE AWARE, PRICES HAVE FLUCTUATED SINCE THIS GUIDE WAS WRITTEN, PLEASE BE MINDFUL THAT YOU MIGHT SPEND MORE THAN 30 EXALTS IF YOU LOOK FOR THE SAME EXACT ITEMS THAT I HAVE. PLEASE LOOK AT THE BUDGET SECTION TITLED DRIVING THE PRICE DOWN FURTHER FOR ADDITIONAL OPTIONS.

I understand 25 exalts + isn't exactly a budget friendly option. However this is a way to get into your herald stacking build and to be able to expand from there with less investment than other entry points.

I am running a significantly more expensive version of this build, and am able to face tank sirus storms and clear all content with 0 difficulty.

If you would like to see the build in action, ask questions, or theorycraft additional options with me you can join me on my twitch stream at

twitch.tv/mrkiros - or contact me in game @ ImUnethical

Introduction
Spoiler
With Delirium league came the new mechanic Cluster Jewels, these cluster jewels are slotted on your passive skill tree and give you new effects, more damage, and stronger synergy between abilities. The main notables we will be focusing on in this build are:
Purposeful Harbinger
Heraldry
Endbringer

Driving the price down further
Spoiler

If you swap the Tailwind boots to any zeal essence crafted rare

Cluster jewels to 6 passive versions or minion versions will save another 5 EX or so as well

This build can be made for around 20 exalts, but it will suffer in damage and clear speed.

Pros and Cons
Spoiler

Pros
Extremely Tanky
Very fast with Leap Slam
Scales higher damage easily
Chaos immune

Cons
Expensive to min max
Requires specific gear
Requires a lot of mana reservation

Cluster Jewels and you
Spoiler

Your primary source of damage, and what makes this build so expensive are your cluster jewels.
Cluster jewels are broken up into 3 types - Large, Medium, and small. For this particular build we are using the unique Large Cluster Jewel Voices. Voices gives you between 1 and 7 useless travel points, for the reward of 3 jewel slots. On these 3 jewel slots you are able to socket medium cluster jewels, and onto those mediums you're able to slot small cluster jewels. For your medium cluster jewels we are focusing on stacking as many purposeful harbinger notables as possible for 10% increased aura effect for each herald effecting you.

Mana Reservation
Spoiler
Mana reservation is this builds bread and butter, without mana reservation you're not able to function, we obtain our needed reservation from different sources, and all of them are vital.
Saqawals Nest - 10%
Alphas Howl - 8%
Amulet - 6%
Shield 15%
Conqueror's Efficiency - 2%
Cobalt/Abyssal/etc jewels - 9%
this leaves us with between 110-130 mana reserved, enough to cast spark twice. With your mana regeneration from clarity you will never run out of mana and can constantly cast.

Auras
Spoiler

The aura's that we run in this budget setup are:
Purity of Fire/Ice/Lightning
Herald of Ice/Ash/Agony/Thunder/Purity
Haste
Clarity
Wrath/Hatred/Zealotry
Precision
Discipline

- With slightly more mana reservation and an open slot we are able to add Aspect of the Avian, you can put this on your boots, shield, amulet, or rare belt.

Gear
Spoiler

Required items:
Alpha's Howl
Nebulis
Shield with 15% mana reduction
Amulet with Vitality and mana reduction
Saqawal's Nest with mana reduction
At LEAST 1 Call of the Brotherhood
Maligaro's Virtuosity

Ethereal Knives
Spoiler
Same setup swap spark to EK, fork to controlled destruction

Ascension/Bandits
Spoiler
Bandits: Kill them all
Ascension - Necromancer Path of the witch
Guardian Templar

Crafting
Spoiler

Amulet
Base with Shaper influence - Grants level # Vitality Skill(Agate amulet preference for stats if needed)
Redeemer base with % mana Reserved

Awakeners orb

Boots
Hunter Base with Tailwind on crit (sorcerer boot base is ideal for higher Energy Shield)
Redeemer base with Elusive on crit

Awakener's Orb

Upgrade options
Spoiler
Replace Purposefuls with Endbringers
Replace Bated Breath will well crafted Stygian/Crystal Belt
Arc Enchanted Alpha's Howl (3 extra projectiles)
5 Passive Voices
Cobalts with ES and Mana % reduction

All of these are going to be very nice quality of life and damage increases for the build. Upgrading to certain awakened gems offers a decent power spike for the investment, like Awakened Cold Penetration, and Awakened controlled destruction.

PoB
Spoiler

Budget - https://pastebin.com/qDw7hYz8

115 EX Investment - https://pastebin.com/uqXJaNwN

End game - https://pastebin.com/4ENeTbfd

Credits
Spoiler
WoodrowWilson - Expanding upon cheaper options and helping with budget choices

Sonkai_The_Immortal - Testing various stages of the build and helping with item choices

Changelog
Spoiler

5/14 Reworked budget build slightly, achieved higher DPS numbers
Last edited by Spazmatazz on Jun 15, 2020, 7:43:03 PM
Last bumped on Sep 5, 2020, 3:13:18 PM
I'm looking at trying a spark scion once I finish my 40/40. I currently have around 100ex to splash at the moment, maybe a bit more by the time I'm starting this build.

Budget option is probably too budget for me and endgame version looks way too insane.

What should I prioritize on a mid-range budget: e.g. try fit in Malevolence, Awakened Fork, or maybe getting 5 passive Voices?
"
scrambled777 wrote:
I'm looking at trying a spark scion once I finish my 40/40. I currently have around 100ex to splash at the moment, maybe a bit more by the time I'm starting this build.

Budget option is probably too budget for me and endgame version looks way too insane.

What should I prioritize on a mid-range budget: e.g. try fit in Malevolence, Awakened Fork, or maybe getting 5 passive Voices?

Hey, thanks for taking a look at the guide, I'm working on a mid tier option to put up there right now however to answer your question my recommendation would be:
Replace Purposefuls with Endbringers
Replace Bated Breath will well crafted Stygian/Crystal Belt
Spark Enchanted Alpha's Howl (3 extra projectiles)
5 Passive Voices
Cobalts with ES and Mana % reduction

All of these are going to be very nice quality of life and damage increases for the build. Upgrading to certain awakened gems offers a decent power spike for the investment, like Awakened Cold Penetration, and Awakened controlled destruction.

Fitting in malevolence is a great idea and should be done.
For additional auras I would prioritize:

Malevolence
Aspect of the Avian

Last edited by Spazmatazz on May 11, 2020, 8:22:30 PM
Thanks. Awesome stuff, looking forward to trying this out when I get the chance.
Arc enchanted Alpha's Howl? You mean Spark enchanted? Looking forward to see your middle tier PoB!
"
ygrenys wrote:
Arc enchanted Alpha's Howl? You mean Spark enchanted? Looking forward to see your middle tier PoB!

I did mean spark enchanted sorry

115 EX version added

For cobalt jewels i did JUST energy shield and mana reserve as that was the only thing to really search for at this point. If you get Projectile Damage, Cold Damage, Lightning damage, Crit, or cast speed it is a further DPS increase.

Worked in Malevolence AND Aspect of the Avian

5x DPS of Budget Version
1k MORE ES
Last edited by Spazmatazz on May 11, 2020, 8:41:49 PM
I've playef this league scion spark.

18 aura + avian
6.5k es
20mil dps buffed
Easy farm, sirus a8, etc etc.

https://pastebin.com/5cRGLqYR

Maybe it helps
"
ILYILY wrote:

18 aura + avian
6.5k es
20mil dps buffed

Maybe it helps

You're missing an entire medium cluster jewel.
Faster projectiles isn't necessary on Spark, swapping it to Arcane surge brings your dps to just under 30m.
"
Spazmatazz wrote:
"
ILYILY wrote:

18 aura + avian
6.5k es
20mil dps buffed

Maybe it helps

Faster projectiles isn't necessary on Spark, swapping it to Arcane surge brings your dps to just under 30m.

Missing just cuz of lvl. Arcane u gain from watchers eye. Faster proj for mapping, swap for cold pen at hard boss.

E:this build costs user 120ex, not 300+

I mean cluster can be changed but i wanted 1 more lvl for not losing 1 reduce mana xd
Last edited by SushiYoda on May 12, 2020, 12:21:28 PM
"
ILYILY wrote:
"
Spazmatazz wrote:
"
ILYILY wrote:

18 aura + avian
6.5k es
20mil dps buffed

Maybe it helps

Missing just cuz of lvl. Arcane u gain from watchers eye. Fork for mapping, swap for cold pen at hard boss.

E:this build costs user 120ex, not 300+

I mean cluster can be changed but i wanted 1 more lvl for not losing 1 reduce mana xd

You did decently for the investment, good job. Once you get that level make sure to get that medium up!

Your build is similar to the 115 ex budget version I have posted.
Last edited by Spazmatazz on May 12, 2020, 12:26:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info