[3.10] Ice Trap Saboteur - 5M DPS - Simulacrum & Kosis
It's a fun build with an underrated Ice Trap skill & another underrated trap support - Advanced Traps.
You can check out the build on Path of Building here: https://pastebin.com/W6UuXead
Or on PathOfExile.com: https://tinyurl.com/y947joxy, https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Elite_Armada/characters/ExtraAOE
- Good damage, 5 million effective DPS
- Decent health, 5.5k Life & 1.8k energy shield
- Lots of traps, 101% increased trap throwing speed (w/ 5 frenzy charges)
- 60% base movement speed
- Alternative weapon set has enhanced surivability and 4 million effective DPS with 5.8k life and 2.4k energy shield. (for those who like survivability & shield bash for movement).
- Mana is a non issue, mana regen > mana consumption
- Auto triggers both Frostbite & Elemental Weakness curses
- Auto triggers Elemental Overload (Triggered from orb of storms)
- Auto triggers Arcane Surge (arcane pyrotechnics)
- Enemies automatically take an additional 50% damage (30% damage from Bonechill*Pandemonious + 20% shock from Skitterbots aura)
- Enemies are blind & 10% reduced damage taken from blinded enemies
- 8% reduced area damage taken
- Flasks apply to energy shield
Ice Trap is very cheap to build around. To get started with this build and get to 2 million DPS it is one exalt and 70 levels. To get all the gear that I have for the final version of this build it costs 20 exalts.
Path of Building Stats: https://pastebin.com/W6UuXead
Average Hit: 513k per trap
Traps thrown per second: 10
If you are ok with the hit and run play style, this build can handle Kosis if you take advantage of the self refilling life flasks in the Simulacrum. He's a tough fight, but if you're conservative it isn't a big issue. Shaper and Elder are non-death easy fights.
Explanation of damage for the build:
The damage comes from three different aspects.
1.) Increasing Ice Traps base damage:
- Make sure Ice Trap is penetrating cold resistances as much as possible. The ascendancy can give you a base penetration of 10%, plus an additional 10% from the helm enchant , and an additional 24% from , yielding a base penetration of 44%.
- Use the cluster jewel for "Corrosive Elements" so all enemies will have cold exposure, giving them -25% cold resistance.
- We also are running double curses including Frostbite (47%), and Elemental Weakness (44%), which yield an additional 91% cold penetration.
In total we are talking 44% + 25% + 91% = 160% Cold penetration.
- The jewel set up should focus on increasing trap throwing speed, and decreasing mana costs. An example of a decent jewel you can use is:
This combined with Advanced Traps 50% (x5 Frenzy Charges) increased trap throwing speed will add up to a speed modifier of 101%, sustainable without an intense mana consumption. Utilizing the current set up it costs 34 mana per cast of Ice Trap which is less than your mana regeneration rate thanks in part to .
- The gem set up is interchangeable, but I recommend using , as it yields the greatest dps while maintaining good clear speeds.
2.) Maximizing your combat damage
- To maximize ice traps combat damage you will want to make sure you are activating elemental overload utilizing a "trigger" based mechanism. Orb of Storm is a great way to automatically always have Elemental Overload going and highly recommended. If possible, find a cluster jewel which has Arcane Pyrotechnics as it will constantly be giving you Arcane Surge for a good boost in combat damage. Lastly, because you will be throwing out so many traps, your ascendancy "Perfect Crime" will yield you nice temporary increases in damage per trap thrown which is 10 traps per second, potentially leading up to 80% bonus increased damage per second.
3.) Increasing enemies damaged taken
- We increase the damage taken on enemies in two different ways, including skitterbots shocking (20% when buffed), the Pandemonious causing orb of storms to chill for 30% combined with Bonechill to make enemies take an increased 30% cold damage for a total of 50% increased damage taken.
There is also a greater survivability version of this build which I enjoy which utilizes a shield, giving roughly 1k effective health (5.8k life and 2.4k energy shield) as well as shield charge as a movement skill. The DPS for this modification is 4 million, which still makes it viable.
Instead of using the 6 link staff, try using a shield and one handed weapon with "trigger" effect. This will still enact Elemental Overload as well as Bonechills increased damaged taken. The curses for this alternative are "On Hit" for a level 5 Frostbite and level 12 Elemental Weakness. (29% and 31% penetration respectively).
Path of Building Stats:
416k damage per Trap & 10 Traps per second = 4.16 Million DPS
Any questions feel free to ask!
Last edited by Elite_Armada on May 9, 2020, 11:29:03 AM
Last bumped on May 7, 2020, 4:02:25 PM
on May 7, 2020, 4:02:25 PM