After the AoF dust settles

I get the feeling that if AoF is nerfed everyone will just roll Witch. Seems like 70% of people are Witch already...

Your thoughts?
It's a class not nearly so hard up for gear, try playing a duelist and using a sword you got at level 20 all the way up to your end level weapon, not happening of course, but I have a wand that provides +63% spell damage that does just that.

During the AoF fix to bring them in line I hope they don't lose sight of the next problem.

Flasks.

Granite and Diamond need to go, they're completely imbalanced. If you're gonna have buff flasks don't make them give you the highest possible strength they can bring, shooting you from the lowest crit [what, 3%?] all the way up to 100%.

If they're going to remain they should augment the stats you have, not just make them pointless.
Totally agree. Those flasks should be something like 100% MORE crit chance / armor / etc.
Now they just make these stats useless and completely destroy spell/weapon balance by allowing people with a 2.5% base crit and no bonus crit chance to get 100% crit all the time (even more than dedicated crit builds). Your base stats should still matter for these flasks.
IGN: Danick
"
koflem wrote:
Totally agree. Those flasks should be something like 100% MORE crit chance / armor / etc.

Its also too much. These flasks must be removed from game or they must give medicore bonus to crit/armor/etc..

My sugestion:

CRIT Flask Tier I (lvls 5-20) +5-10% crit chance
CRIT Flask Tier II (lvls 21-40) +11-20% crit chance
CRIT Flask Tier III (lvls 41-60) +21%-30% crit chance
CRIT Flask Tier IV (lvls 61-80) +31%-40% crit chance
CRIT Flask Tier V (lvls 81+) +41%-50% crit chance

ARMOR Flask Tier I (lvls 5-20) +5-10% ARMOR
ARMOR Flask Tier II (lvls 21-40) +11-20% ARMOR
ARMOR Flask Tier III (lvls 41-60) +21%-30% ARMOR
ARMOR Flask Tier IV (lvls 61-80) +31%-40% ARMOR
ARMOR Flask Tier V (lvls 81+) +41%-50% ARMOR

Same applies to resistance flasks. Make them tiered from +10% resist to +50% resist.
Also this applies to potential future flasks, they should be also tiered and not totally OP.

I may suggest some new flasks too:

- EVANSION Flasks
- ENERGY SHIELD FLASKS
- MINION EFFECTS Flasks
- ITEM RARITY/QUANTITY Flasks
- more...more... more... its your part to be creative GGG
"
Kabraxis wrote:
"
koflem wrote:

Its also too much. These flasks must be removed from game or they must give medicore bonus to crit/armor/etc..

My sugestion:

CRIT Flask Tier I (lvls 5-20) +5-10% crit chance
CRIT Flask Tier II (lvls 21-40) +11-20% crit chance
CRIT Flask Tier III (lvls 41-60) +21%-30% crit chance
CRIT Flask Tier IV (lvls 61-80) +31%-40% crit chance
CRIT Flask Tier V (lvls 81+) +41%-50% crit chance

ARMOR Flask Tier I (lvls 5-20) +5-10% ARMOR
ARMOR Flask Tier II (lvls 21-40) +11-20% ARMOR
ARMOR Flask Tier III (lvls 41-60) +21%-30% ARMOR
ARMOR Flask Tier IV (lvls 61-80) +31%-40% ARMOR
ARMOR Flask Tier V (lvls 81+) +41%-50% ARMOR

Same applies to resistance flasks. Make them tiered from +10% resist to +50% resist.
Also this applies to potential future flasks, they should be also tiered and not totally OP.

I may suggest some new flasks too:

- EVANSION Flasks
- ENERGY SHIELD FLASKS
- MINION EFFECTS Flasks
- ITEM RARITY/QUANTITY Flasks
- more...more... more... its your part to be creative GGG

The armor flasks would be terrible at that point considering you can get higher armor% on a mana/life flask. I like the idea, but if they are just boosting armor than it needs to start at or above 100% considering getting 90+% on a mana flask is easily done.
Yeeeeah, seems like currently if you don't have either AoF or Chaos Inoculation, your build is not quote/unquote 'viable'.

People will definitely move to CI witches when AoF rangers go out of style.
"
NearlyNumb wrote:
I get the feeling that if AoF is nerfed everyone will just roll Witch. Seems like 70% of people are Witch already...

Your thoughts?

Most people are discharger/witch already, with the token AoF GS/LS/Whatever melee.

There will simply be 3 more of them on the top of the ladder rather then 3 rangers.
"
NearlyNumb wrote:

Your thoughts?

No, I'm doing fine as a 2H Hammer Marauder without AoF in Merciless, so far. Passives are - resolute technique, blood magic, and most of the rest of the points in life %. Gear is mediocre but gets the job done. As far as I can remember, I haven't died in cruel or merciless (cruel was actually easier than normal), and I only died once or twice in ruthless, though that was avoidable. DPS isn't "lol room clear, gg" but stuff dies fast enough, with sweep as a general-purpose attack, heavy strike for high health uniques and bosses, and ground slam for dangerous groups of fast and high-damage monsters.

I've also heard of a pseudo-AoF templar build working, where people use glacial hammer/lightning strike/infernal blow as attacks and boost elemental damage the same way as AoF.
Last edited by Silty on Apr 19, 2012, 3:00:22 AM
I don't think everyone will just roll any character type. Sure, people like to have a go at whatever is the most powerful and easy to play character, but I think a lot of people like to choose weird character mixes where the challenge to the player is - can I make this work?

I haven't tried an AoF build, simply because I take everyone's word that it's pretty OP. And I'm having a lot of fun with my glass cannon ranger and my slow-but-steady tank marauder. I can't wait to see the last character class :)
I wish the GGG would let us know the direction that AoF is heading...I don't want to be reliant on a broken skill, yet still want to do some decent damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info