Does difficulty scale with party size?

I bought the beta yesterday and have been loving the game, I convinced 3 friends to buy keys as well and we're going to be playing together tonight soon. I was just wondering if difficulty scales as you party with people, and if so how? Does it go based on their levels, or just based on the number of people in the party?
I suggest you read the Mechanics Thread stickied at the top of this very forum.

Spoiler
"
Malice wrote:
Parties

The maximum party size is 6 players.

Effect on monsters
Monsters gain 50% extra life for each additional party member after the first. For example, against a party of 3 players, monsters have double life.
The original life amount is used for the purposes of determining the length of stuns and status ailments from elemental damage - this means monsters will not be harder to stun/ignite/etc. when fighting in a party.

Effect on loot
Each player in a party after the first gives the equivalent of +50% item quantity modifier on drops. So a party of three will see twice as many drops as a lone character.
Increased Item Rarity & Quantity modifiers are only counted from the player who lands the killing blow.

Effect on experience
Players in a party gain less experience for each monster kill than if they were alone. For the full experience formula, see the level scaling section above. Only party members actually in the instance count toward getting XP. If one member is in town he gets no XP.
Experience is only shared with other players who are near you (roughly two screens). Monsters are still made harder by players elsewhere on the level.

Monsters give +75% base XP for every party member after the first.

Effect on flasks
Only the character landing the killing blow on an enemy will gain flask charges. The same is true for all +life and +mana gained "when you deal a killing blow" modifiers.

Flasks have a +75% charge recovery bonus for each party member after the first.
Last edited by FaceLicker on Apr 17, 2012, 10:19:50 PM
How do parties work when there is a difference in levels? My friends and I made new characters that we'll only touch when we're all playing together, that way we stay the same level. We weren't sure what would happen if a gap opened up in levels.
This depents on the gap and how far you from each other.
I did parties with a level difference of up to 10 and it still worked okay.

The highest char gets more of the kill exp, there is a formula about it so with 10 levels its like:
low gets 20%
high gets 80%

With the usual killspeed of same player level you are on average 2 lvls behind the mob level.
With such a party the low level is on average equal to the mob level.

The cap is getting closer the more you play together and at some point you are on the same level.
English is my third language, there will be bugs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info