Question about tanking

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/28464

here a build of melee with ES. with video. (it was not far ^^)
... nothing
"
Teaboar wrote:
Thank you for the replies. Since energy shield was mentioned above I have to ask, would an energy shield tank with Chaos Inoculation be viable? I think it would be really cool if it was, it's just that unless I'm wrong, energy shield doesn't regenerate in combat, not to mention that there aren't any potions for it. Hmm, I might have just answered my own question there. ;)

Since I already had a melee tank char that made chaos an absolute bore (detailed him in my last post...), after the legacy migration I decided to see if an E.S. tank/caster would be viable.

I haven't gotten him to chaos yet, he is only mid 30s right now. So I can't tell you for sure. However, he is pretty fun to play right now, just the first 25 levels or so are kind of boring until you really "get off your feet".

The biggest problem I have with him at the moment is stuns. And it interrupts casting. I will have to itemize towards stun recovery or micro his positioning better. Archers seem to be the biggest threat at the moment. But he synergizes well with a 2 person party so far.

I am building him with E.S., and AoE spells. Enduring Cry, Frost Nova, Discharge, Curses, etc. Sort of a utility-offtank char.

Oh and you're right-- since you can realistically only get the E.S. refresh timer down to around 2.5-3 seconds from the base 6 seconds, you have to run out of battle if you are about to die in order to regen. I am hoping to get such a big pool of E.S. (shooting for around 14k end game, I think) that it is enough to last throughout any small-medium screen encounter in chaos. Could be a total flop though, we'll see! That's the reason I love this game, trying crazy builds!
Last edited by visibiliti on Apr 18, 2012, 4:39:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info