Molten Marauder Massacre - Tank Build

Are you tired of playing your AOF Bow Templar or other cheesy builds, spamming the same button for hours and hours? I have found the solution!

I present to you:
Molten Marauder Massacre (including terrible video editing skills)

What is it?
The Molten Shell Marauder is a tank built around Molten Shell with high health and damage reduction.

Running this build is the most fun I've had in POE as of yet. Mostly because of the playstyle, which is not simply mashing your right mousebutton.

My level 61 Marauder is currently sitting on 2200 health, 90% physical damage reduction and 75% all resist.

What is so great about it?
- It does not require massive amounts of endgame equipment
- It is very fun to play, using skills that work really well together
- It works great in parties
- It works great as a solo build
- You cannot possibly die outside of Chaos
- Easy to learn, hard to master

The Skill Tree: Molten Shell Marauder

How does it work?
There are 5 core skills for this build to function properly.

#1 Molten Shell
This is your damaging ability. It absorbs a set amount of damage, using your armor and shieldblock, and explodes in an AOE blast around your character.

#2 Enduring Shout
This skill grants you Endurance Charges which grant you physical damage reduction and resists. More importantly, it allows you to use the next core skill.

#3 Immortal Call
Even though you can take quite a beating, sometimes your health just runs out. Immortal Call lets you become invulnerable to all sources of physical damage, consuming your Endurance Charges in the process. At higher levels, IC can last for 4 seconds!
Even better: Molten Shell will still function while you're invulnerable, exploding even faster since you're absorbing all physical damage now.

#4 Elemental Weakness
This will lower the enemy's fire resistance as well as giving you more chance to ignite them. Very useful vs those pesky skeletons and other fire resistant creatures.

#5 Shield Charge
Shield Charge is awesome. You can use it to quickly move yourself around / through big groups of mobs. It is also very useful to take out packs of archers with a loaded Molten Shell (although this requires very good timing on the explosion). It can only be used a means to escape.

Skill Gems and Support Gems
This is what I have socketed right now:

Molten Shell
- Increased AOE
- Iron Will
- Life Leech
- Increased Ignite Chance

Enduring Shout & Immortal Call
- Faster Cast
- Reduced Mana Cost

On what item mods should I focus?
- Armor
- Life
- Spell Damage
- Fire Damage
- Cast Speed

Feel free to leave behind some feedback :)
IGN: KaboomCrimsonEye
Last edited by Cinerus on Apr 16, 2012, 10:53:16 AM
My char is very similar to this , just that it is a templar ;)
Yazopazofuzo
Cool build!

I ran Fellshrine a few times with a guy who had a similar build... very effective!
Youve made a good sales pitch. Im making this
Had one of these a couple builds ago. Literally run around grouping mobs and then hit molten shell and just watch everything die.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

i'm playing hc, should i do anything differently and in what order should i get my skills?

thanks

Good build, but sadly you can just switch to using DiamondFlask+Discharge+CritMulti instead without changing gear, playstyle, or passives and do much more damage.

As it stands right now, any build that does Molten Shell well can do Discharge just as well (or just use them both, of course).
"
staples wrote:
i'm playing hc, should i do anything differently and in what order should i get my skills?

thanks

Get all the Health passives first. You won't need to get any damage passives until later in the game.

I went with the Marauder defensive nodes and then went straight to Blood Magic. No problems whatsoever.

"
pneuma wrote:
Good build, but sadly you can just switch to using DiamondFlask+Discharge+CritMulti instead without changing gear, playstyle, or passives and do much more damage.

As it stands right now, any build that does Molten Shell well can do Discharge just as well (or just use them both, of course).

I have tried both and for me, Molten Shell does more damage, is less dependent on gear and thus allows you to be more tanky (not needing as many offensive nodes, not needing Kaom's heart, 2 rings etc). Also, everyone and their moms is using Discharge already. I wanted something different (even if it's not that much different).
Last edited by Cinerus on Apr 19, 2012, 4:49:30 AM
"
Cinerus wrote:

Molten Shell
- Increased AOE
- Iron Will
- Life Leech
- Increased Ignite Chance

Try:
- Elemental Proliferation instead of Increased AOE ;)

"

I doubt it in this case.
4 Endurance charges and only the critMulti is obviously not enough to be as effective as the molten shell build is.
Last edited by overpowdered on Apr 19, 2012, 4:54:53 AM
"
overpowdered wrote:

Try:
- Elemental Proliferation instead of Increased AOE ;)

I'll give it a go :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info