The recent build/ascendancy balance is hilarious

Preface-Only reason i am playing is because of slow work. The game is really not a lot of fun right now. The game doesn't have any mechanics, everything just instantly kills you. They buffed the fuck out of monsters to try and slow the meta speed clear down. Now if you play anything thats not op meta you just die. Instead of fixing op af classes they just made the game miserable to play if your not one of the op classes.(this isnt my main char, made this for blight maps,because doing blight as anything else is almost funny)

I came to POE late (like a year ago). I'll be leaving until poe2. Every mechanic they try to implement panders to faceroll speedclear garbage anyway.

I would rather they cut the damage in 1/2 or w/e. and nerf the shit out of classes that made this game into speedclear trash.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
1) People have been complaining about "build diversity" this season, but the recent statistics clearly show we have the highest diversity in recent history

that is because at league start it was not evident how op herald stacking guardians are so what you see on poe.ninja is skewed. i bet by the end of the league you'll have 40% guardians easily. we're already at 23% including all the league starters that indeed had diversity.
Last edited by dachoppa on Apr 9, 2020, 11:04:33 AM
So will they nerf Impale?

Or buff Ranger abilities to compensate?

Time will tell.
"
DeathPunch79 wrote:
So will they nerf Impale?

Or buff Ranger abilities to compensate?

Time will tell.

GGG tends to nerf builds down to other build levels rather than the reverse unless its a major 'rework patch'.

I dont know why the melee/spell/caster got a huge buff for their rework and bows got nerf for theres.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
with deadeye you are supposed to play elem hit with a very fast thicket

or poeninja an ice shot build which looks like it's very popular.
"
HeManNZ wrote:
A well built deadeye with barrage or barrage support should delete bosses. Build around aborix and voidfletcher, and its easy game.

A similar build champion actually out dps deadeye lol.
"
Deathfairy wrote:
Considering class distribution is BY FAR most even in this league then in any other i last 3 years. I am pretty sure their idea of balance is best it has ever been.

It was for a while. Purposeful harbinger has taken over the league with guardian pulling way ahead.
I've tried a Raider this League (so i went the more defensive route compared to a Deadeye) and the result was simply very underwhelming. While i've managed to reach 60% attack dodge, 50% spell dodge and about 65% evasion chance, i struggled to even reach 5k life. Such a low life pool will always bring you into trouble. Its not only about dodging/evading. Its also about DoT effects which simply cannot be evaded or dodged. Stacking chaos resist is also very hard and there are almost no tools for a ranger to do that somewhat point efficient.

Point Blank is also such a fail designed Keystone. When you are not stacking additional arrows and barraging bosses down in seconds, getting decent ST damage on a Ranger isn't that easy. What options do you have? Besides Barrage and maybe Galvanic Arrow i cannot think of a good ST skill. Blast Rain is also very clunky and needs you to be stationary for a long time which is absolutely counter intuitive as a Ranger where mobility is such important. So what do u do? Grabbing Point Blank to reach decent ST damage while this needs you to be moved into melee range and makes you even more vulnerable.

Then as a Ranger you are almost forced to have two different skill setups because of the fail design of GMP (which btw has an absurd high mana multiplier making mana management harder then for most other builds).

Of course you can built a Ranger that performs very well even in this League. But imho this is much harder right now than for a lot of other builds. For me, it is not worth the struggle
"
NexiieQT wrote:
"
Deathfairy wrote:
Considering class distribution is BY FAR most even in this league then in any other i last 3 years. I am pretty sure their idea of balance is best it has ever been.

It was for a while. Purposeful harbinger has taken over the league with guardian pulling way ahead.

I mean are we actually surprised? That build gets 90% pdr and 90% all res and i have seen it still get one shot on stream. Balance in this game is a colossal joke. Purposeful Harbinger Guardian is still very tanky while doing good damage so people are playing it. Go watch videos of rangers and assassins get blue screened by the damage from 100% delirium or simulacrum maps.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
dachoppa wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
1) People have been complaining about "build diversity" this season, but the recent statistics clearly show we have the highest diversity in recent history

that is because at league start it was not evident how op herald stacking guardians are so what you see on poe.ninja is skewed. i bet by the end of the league you'll have 40% guardians easily. we're already at 23% including all the league starters that indeed had diversity.

I was reading your post and was like no way then looked at poe ninja and just OMG , its guardian all over, it went from nicely spread hahaha

Seem sitll super strong even after the nerf, probably another incoming nerf to it lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info