The recent build/ascendancy balance is hilarious

well.. the good thing about PoE is axactly that, you can build whatever you want with whatever class u want with whatever acendancy.

thats what makes PoE cool.

i can make a marauder summoner, or a duelist archer or a shadow tank and thats fine by me.
Last edited by spoc002 on Apr 1, 2020, 7:17:44 PM
Not funny but downright disgraceful that GGG has lost all control over being able to add new features and get them balanced in time for the new league. Maybe after that league with another 3 months of feedback GGG can finally get some semblance of balance but there are way too many interactions to be able to do so in such a short time. But then they have to add something and foobar the new stuff once again so this problem will never end.

GGG is in a constant mode of "skate or die", if you ever played that old skateboard video game. They have to introduce something new every league or risk player base collapse and die. With each league adding to the complexity it's a wonder more things haven't been broken over time.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Considering class distribution is BY FAR most even in this league then in any other i last 3 years. I am pretty sure their idea of balance is best it has ever been.
Deadeye isn't very good atm, but this has been the most balanced classes have ever been. Chieftain isn't popular right now but it's still massively powerful. I'd say the ranger is the weakest class at the moment, because all other classes have at least 2 good options.
Archer sucks :(
Rangers in general suck for passive point efficiency, whereas impale is about #1 for point efficiency.

Pure phys also isn't automatically cut in half on bosses so when you combine this with my first point you end up with a very well rounded character vs a glass cannon.

this is something that GGG have struggled with historically, they don't seem to understand that the reason most skills aren't played is because if they don't have a busted interaction you can't spend enough points in what you need to defensively.

going back to OP's original post Champions are fantastically efficient, free fortify, free substantial armour bonus then 4 ascendancy points to put in your choice of very good damage nodes.

The impale node alone is better than either deadeye 4 pointer unless you are stacking chains *shrugs*

I half disagree with this league being the best balanced as well, Ascendancy choices are fairly spread but skill choice really isn't and most of the time Ascendancy choice is based off the skill you want to use, not the reverse. All we are currently finding out is there are 6 ways to play cyclone, which i think we already knew :P
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Apr 6, 2020, 6:37:05 AM
"
Deathfairy wrote:
Considering class distribution is BY FAR most even in this league then in any other i last 3 years. I am pretty sure their idea of balance is best it has ever been.

No it s very broken right now. I m sure that if you d take a look at the passive tree of all current played builds, you d see a lot of similarity, and that they stay very far from the bottom right corner of the tree. Which is an indication that something is really wrong right now in POE on a balance standpoint.

Currently the discrepancy is too large between the builds that have the most survivability and the builds that have the least, as well as the top tier DPS builds and the lower tier ones.
Last edited by Stanelis1 on Apr 6, 2020, 6:45:04 AM
1) People have been complaining about "build diversity" this season, but the recent statistics clearly show we have the highest diversity in recent history

2) You are building a Deadeye and don't understand general differences between playstyles. Deadeye isn't a Juggernaut. You are supposed to dodge stuff, not like the stat states, but physically. If you are facetanking a Guardian with a 4.2k HP character you ARE gonna get slapped.

3) A level 81 tree with 134% increased life from tree is just nothing. You didn't even bother speccing into Acrobatics.

4) You took Tailwind, great. Your other choices are questionable tho. Hard to tell now because you already ripped all the gear from the character.

This just doesn't make sense.. you can build really good Deadeyes at any given time.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Apr 6, 2020, 8:02:43 AM
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
Rangers in general suck for passive point efficiency, whereas impale is about #1 for point efficiency.

Pure phys also isn't automatically cut in half on bosses so when you combine this with my first point you end up with a very well rounded character vs a glass cannon.

this is something that GGG have struggled with historically, they don't seem to understand that the reason most skills aren't played is because if they don't have a busted interaction you can't spend enough points in what you need to defensively.

going back to OP's original post Champions are fantastically efficient, free fortify, free substantial armour bonus then 4 ascendancy points to put in your choice of very good damage nodes.

The impale node alone is better than either deadeye 4 pointer unless you are stacking chains *shrugs*

I half disagree with this league being the best balanced as well, Ascendancy choices are fairly spread but skill choice really isn't and most of the time Ascendancy choice is based off the skill you want to use, not the reverse. All we are currently finding out is there are 6 ways to play cyclone, which i think we already knew :P

Since 3.9 phys is actually being mitigated by phys reduction, I've been playing pure phys sice 3.0, i see the difference before it was like slicing butter and i'm running a oneshot 2h build. I made a shattering steel champ that does a fracton of smaller hits and it is indeed visible.

But POB doesn't show the mitigation like it does with chaos/ele and people ignore the fact it exists and join cyclone with ~0-10 phys pen bandwagons which is also laughable because cyclone also does high aps smaller hits. I think the reason champion is prevalent is because master of metal somehow transforms your shitty 1h swords into bigger hitters and the original build makers understood this
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
Nah sorry Zaen totally disagree the only time you notice mobs phys reduction is if they have endurance charges or +PDR from map mods exactly the same as before their armour changes.

The only builds mob armour really effects are like low damage attack speed scaling cyclone, 10k armour on mobs seems like alot until your hitting for 200k then its as shit as it is when we use it :p

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info