The recent build/ascendancy balance is hilarious

Can anyone explain to me how is it possible for a bow build to be infinitely more powerful as a champion (an ascendancy that should be general purpose for physical builds) than the archetype ascendancy, deadeye?

I've invested several exalts into a bow deadeye and I barely tickle guardians. With my champion impale build, I destroy them in 2 seconds. MOREOVER, my deadeye dies in 2 hits at most, despite fortify in bottle, 4.2k hp and a lot of evasion/dodge (this doesn't help if you get hit, yes, which is another problem of its own), while my champion can facetank a ton of stuff.

I've been playing deadeye since I can remember and this is the second time (first one being in metamorph) that I've rage quit off my elemental bow build due to how miserable the damage/survivability is. It's disappointing to be honest.

I know this may seem like a rage post (it is btw), but I can't possibly fathom how things got to this point. Monsters have been buffed ad infinitum alongside physical builds, while they had the audacity to nerf tornado shot / elemental jewels into the ground. Meta rotation is one thing. This isn't it.
Last bumped on Sep 30, 2020, 12:14:25 PM
One of the worst parts of this league is that they basically didn't touch ascendancies at all. They expected the 280 new notables, only 5 of which change the game in a meaningful way, to create a bunch of new builds for each ascendancy.

(Not touching ascendancies would be fine if each one had its own unique way of destroying the endgame but they don't.)
A well built deadeye with barrage or barrage support should delete bosses. Build around aborix and voidfletcher, and its easy game.
"
HeManNZ wrote:
A well built deadeye with barrage or barrage support should delete bosses. Build around aborix and voidfletcher, and its easy game.

Yea, in theory it is decent. How are you supposed to facetank bosses as a squishy class though? The fact that bow builds NEED to resort to barrage/point blank shenanigans to deal decent single target damage is retarded in the first place.

In practice, not only the damage sucks, but you die in 2 seconds. How many leagues since you played deadeye? Because I only see a slayer and an occultist on your account.
"
demonstorm wrote:
"
HeManNZ wrote:

Yea, in theory it is decent. How are you supposed to facetank bosses as a squishy class though? The fact that bow builds NEED to resort to barrage/point blank shenanigans to deal decent single target damage is retarded in the first place.

In practice, not only the damage sucks, but you die in 2 seconds. How many leagues since you played deadeye? Because I only see a slayer and an occultist on your account.

You're not supposed to facetank anything as a squishy build, let alone bosses, what kind of question is that? 4.2k hp is nothing, especially without more defensive layers amplifying it, and even 3 years ago it would be a terribly low hp pool.
There's no powercreep here. Creep implies it's slow and could be overlooked, this is a full out sprint.
Bow builds are just not very strong right now compared to everything else thats meta competitive.

Barrage, TS, point blank all neutered to the point they are now while bow players got no new defensive mechs outside of steelskin.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Apr 1, 2020, 6:14:21 PM
"
demonstorm wrote:
Can anyone explain to me how is it possible for a bow build to be infinitely more powerful as a champion (an ascendancy that should be general purpose for physical builds) than the archetype ascendancy, deadeye?

I've invested several exalts into a bow deadeye and I barely tickle guardians. With my champion impale build, I destroy them in 2 seconds. MOREOVER, my deadeye dies in 2 hits at most, despite fortify in bottle, 4.2k hp and a lot of evasion/dodge (this doesn't help if you get hit, yes, which is another problem of its own), while my champion can facetank a ton of stuff.

I've been playing deadeye since I can remember and this is the second time (first one being in metamorph) that I've rage quit off my elemental bow build due to how miserable the damage/survivability is. It's disappointing to be honest.

I know this may seem like a rage post (it is btw), but I can't possibly fathom how things got to this point. Monsters have been buffed ad infinitum alongside physical builds, while they had the audacity to nerf tornado shot / elemental jewels into the ground. Meta rotation is one thing. This isn't it.

"
4.2k hp

I dont know about your expectations but when I play with 10k hp and get oneshot at tier 15 in HC without damage mods like I was in Synthesis Flashback by a single rare mob I am like "OK new league content its always overtuned as fuck, its my own fault for running this bullshit".

Not to mention that I had fortify, 3 endu charges and granite + basalt pressed.

Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Apr 1, 2020, 6:32:08 PM
"
cpurdy777 wrote:
"
demonstorm wrote:
"
HeManNZ wrote:

You're not supposed to facetank anything as a squishy build, let alone bosses, what kind of question is that? 4.2k hp is nothing, especially without more defensive layers amplifying it, and even 3 years ago it would be a terribly low hp pool.

YES, that's exactly my point in case you missed it. Getting a decent health pool and layers of defense on deadeye is extremely difficult and there's a running joke that death is part of the rng which is rightfully so.

It's not like I'm the only one that agrees with the fact that bow builds are in generally a bad spot compared to what's meta nowadays, but deadeye is atrociously bad unless you invest a fuckton of currency. But what do you know? You have two necromancers in delirium :D Get out of here.
just forget deadeye or use just for farming maps
But yea seems like deadeye is indeed the last piece of shit currently.

Time to pull out my double strike deadeye I guess.

Actually never fucking mind, according to poe ninja the #1 deadeye in ssf hc metamorph was playing bladestorm dual wield with 2 axes.

Damn THIS dude.

#1 in ssf hc delirium is lacerate.

I mean OK rupture is a super good node for bleed/crit, much better than the berserker crit nodes.

Tailwind is also fine even more in ssf where it isnt self understanding to have it.

The remaining 4 ascendancy points is where it becomes complicated.
Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Apr 1, 2020, 6:59:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info