[Removed by Support] is ADVERTISING ON YOUTUBE for in-game PoE purchases for real $

You should look into it.

I was minding my business, just having clicked a chess video on Youtube... and then bwam!, an advertisement for buying PoE currency with real money.

Google [Removed by Support] and you should find what you're looking for. As for the Youtube thing, you might send Youtube a "cease and desist" letter or something. Just a thought.

Cheers! Hope the quarantine isn't too onerous.
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
Last edited by Al_GGG on Mar 26, 2020, 6:41:41 AM
Last bumped on Mar 26, 2020, 6:44:17 AM
"
The ads that play on YouTube videos you watch are tailored to your interests. They’re based on your Google Ad Settings, the videos you’ve watched, and whether you’re signed in or not.

When you're signed in, these anonymous signals may decide which ads you see:

  • Types of videos you’ve viewed
  • The apps on your device and your use of apps
  • Websites you visit
  • Anonymous identifiers associated with your mobile device
  • Previous interactions with Google’s ads or advertising services
  • Your geographic location
  • Age range
  • Gender
  • YouTube video interactions


These ads are based on the content of the videos you’ve watched whether you’re signed in or not.
Just a lowly standard player, often found in global 2.

Current IGN: Don_Juan_de_la_Nooch
Last edited by Shovelcut on Mar 25, 2020, 8:13:58 PM
You missed the point. It's advertising P2W in PoE....
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
No, I didn't miss the point. You're seeing those ads for a reason is all I'm saying. ;)
Just a lowly standard player, often found in global 2.

Current IGN: Don_Juan_de_la_Nooch
"
Shovelcut wrote:
No, I didn't miss the point. You're seeing those ads for a reason is all I'm saying. ;)

You're now quite clearly implying some things without have any actual data on the poster ....

You're not far from throwing baseless accusations imo, I would restrain from that it I were you.


( And if you didn't miss the point, then you're simply off-topic ).
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.

ShakinGaijin : thread 2612666, Dyadus burning earthquake!RIP :(
[outdated]SweetBreaker : thread 823111 (facebreaker IB witch).
[outdated]Sunder guardian : thread 1831267 [BHC]ripped
Last edited by Fruz on Mar 26, 2020, 12:28:48 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Shovelcut wrote:
No, I didn't miss the point. You're seeing those ads for a reason is all I'm saying. ;)

You're now quite clearly implying some things without have any actual data on the poster ....

You're not far from throwing baseless accusations imo, I would restrain from that it I were you.




I'm not implying or accusing anyone of anything, just stating the facts. Browsing history influences google ads...

To be fair, many years ago I was trying to gather high resolution images of currency and quest items to use for a guild forum skin and most of the images I found that were worth using came from RMT websites. On that old laptop after that I would constantly get RMT ads like the one the OP is talking about.

It's highly unlikely you'd ever get those ads if you aren't looking at that kind of stuff to begin with whether intentional or not. *shrugs*

"
Fruz wrote:
( And if you didn't miss the point, then you're simply off-topic ).

It is directly related to the OP. [Removed by Support]
Just a lowly standard player, often found in global 2.

Current IGN: Don_Juan_de_la_Nooch
Last edited by Al_GGG on Mar 26, 2020, 6:38:32 AM
I'm not, this is signaling a website that clearly participates in worsening PoE's economy and pushing people to break its rules through illegal means.
The website may not be illegal in the context of the law outside of the game, but as soon as it affects the game, it is, which is the point of this topic.

How the OP came to know this is not relevant.


"
It's highly unlikely you'd ever get those ads if you aren't looking at that kind of stuff to begin with whether intentional or not. *shrugs*

Which clearly shows that it's not relevant to anything here, it does not matter what the OP does.
If you think that the OP is breaking the code of conduct in any way then it might be fair to point it out I guess, but you have no concrete element to show anything as such here I'm afraid.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.

ShakinGaijin : thread 2612666, Dyadus burning earthquake!RIP :(
[outdated]SweetBreaker : thread 823111 (facebreaker IB witch).
[outdated]Sunder guardian : thread 1831267 [BHC]ripped
Shame you if you do, shame you if you don't kind of implication from Shovelcut. If you can't see that then I'm sorry, but you're still wrong. Advertisors can set filters as to what kind of people see these ads. Clearly, it's not only being shown to people who use RMT sites already (you don't need to advertise to those, lol, they are already customers) but to people who play Path of Exile in general. Your argument is flawed no matter from what angle you look at it.

@OP: These sites are a problem for PoE, yes. However, if GGG were somehow able to do something about it, they would have done so in the past already. :|
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/DarkCrusade3
My Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
ED Beastmode-Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606026
Dominating Blow Guardian: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2780644
There was no argument to begin with. Funny the only game I play and watch youtube videos about is PoE and I've never once gotten an RMT ad.

Look, if this wasn't meant as a thread to get comments it should have been done privately. But it wasn't, it was done on a public forum where people can comment. So I did. If you don't like my comment you're welcome to report it.

FWIW if anything in this thread breaks the CoC it's the OP for specifically naming a place you can go to buy in-game items for real money.
Just a lowly standard player, often found in global 2.

Current IGN: Don_Juan_de_la_Nooch
"
Shovelcut wrote:
There was no argument to begin with. Funny the only game I play and watch youtube videos about is PoE and I've never once gotten an RMT ad.

Look, if this wasn't meant as a thread to get comments it should have been done privately. But it wasn't, it was done on a public forum where people can comment. So I did. If you don't like my comment you're welcome to report it.

FWIW if anything in this thread breaks the CoC it's the OP for specifically naming a place you can go to buy in-game items for real money.


Yikes, dude. You are still instigating OP did something wrong to see those ads. Adsense is a magical thing and only YouTube really knows its algorithm.

To put it clear why we have an argument now:

1) OP doesn't like there being RMT-sites that have an undeniable impact on PoE's economy and posts here to complain that nothing has been done about it yet
2) You ignore the topic at hand and instead insinuate it's not a GGG problem but an OP problem because he - as you state - wouldn't be seeing the ads if he didn't do something wrong in the first place
3) You deny the fact that you said that and stay adamant that OP did something potentially unlawful

These sites are a problem. Yes, this thread isn't helping the issue. But no, it isn't OPs fault that he's seeing the ads. I just hope you quit the bs
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/DarkCrusade3
My Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
ED Beastmode-Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606026
Dominating Blow Guardian: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2780644

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info