What's in a name?

Character names. Should we all be allowed to create our own character names, or should we have to pick from a list of randomly generated, unique names upon character start?

This would add to the atmosphere... I mean, I don't want to be slaying zombies with a random dude named I<3LOLCats! Or am I being a democrat AM I RITE?
I think it's pretty important that people get to choose their own names, it's their avatar they will be playing as.

Of course there need to be restrictions on what you can make your name, certain characters, first name and surname (maybe), certain banned phrases.
---
honestly i dont really care one way or the other . although it does get annoying seeing thousands of naturos and other weak minded character worship
Anyone know how many characters we can have in a name? Also will we be allowed to have a last name or is strictly first name only?
"
Dred wrote:
Anyone know how many characters we can have in a name? Also will we be allowed to have a last name or is strictly first name only?

Last I heard they were looking into including spaces in names but no confirmation on that.

If you could only pick from a set list of names then the game would quickly run out of names. Definitely better to let players make up their own.
Forum Sheriff
"
tpapp157 wrote:
If you could only pick from a set list of names then the game would quickly run out of names. Definitely better to let players make up their own.

That's not necessarily true.
"
MrNick1221 wrote:
That's not necessarily true.

Yeah. But who's going to spend a week putting together a list of thousands of acceptable names?
Forum Sheriff
I'm sure we'll get to name our own characters. One thing I do wonder about though, is when we name our characters, which leagues will it check to see if that name already exists? Just the league you are creating the character in or all leagues? I'm pretty sure they mentioned that if a hardcore character dies, he gets put in the default league. So what would happen if a hardcore character got transferred to the default league and the name already existed in that league? Total protonic reversal?
I am a poor freezingly cold soul
So far from where
I intended to go
I like to pick my own name in a game, if they wanted to enforce a sort of RP "Role playing" experience they can simply have servers where people can't have stupid names similar to WoW. I wouldn't want to pick from a list of names however.
I think it should not bother you, the names of other people.
If one likes kittens, let him name his fierce Marauder:<3LittleKitten if he would like this...

I do not mind this until there is the problem of 2 names resembling a lot and it becomes hard to see who is who ;D
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.
Albert Einstein

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info