[3.10] The Queen of Blades - Gryph's Blade Blast Witch

Hello everyone! I want to introduce my starter for 3.10 Delirium.

With the release of the Blade Blast Demo I immediately knew that this skill might be amazing in a setup where you can spam the different blade skills to produce a ton of blades for Blade Blast to chain off of.

There are a few ways in which this can be achieved. Of them include:

Cast on Crit Bow with Asenath's Chant. Put Ethereal Knives+GMP and BladeFall+(Awakened)Spell Cascade in helmet to proc off of every attack. Blade Blast on Cast on Crit.

Cyclone Cast on Crit alternating Bladefall and Bladeblast

Cyclone Cast While Channeling Bladeblast with Scold's. Ethereal Knives, Bladefall, Blade vortex all on CWDT.

Poet's Pen + Spellslinger. Bladefall+(Awakened) Spell Cascade+Conc effect in one pen, Spellslinger+Bladeblast on main links. Obliteration for budget off hand.

I'm putting this up as early as I am to open up discussions. Passive Trees, leveling trees, gear selections, and more will be added in the coming weeks. Worth noting as well that since Spirit Offering ES recovery was removed I am no longer convinced that Necromancer is the best ascendancy for this build since there are no obvious corpse synergies to be had. Other classes and ascendancies will be looked at and taken into account in the coming days as I level my first character and experiment with the mechanics.

Other ascendancy classes I'll be reviewing are:
Chieftain
Assassin
Trickster
Elementalist
Inquisitor
Heirophant
Ascendant

For the time being, I will be experimenting with Poet's Pen+Spellslinger and Scold's Elementalist as I level my first character.

Poet's Pens+Spellslinger

The idea here will be to take 1 Poet's Pen with Bladefall and Spellslinger Bladeblast for DPS.

DPS Links

Pen 1:
Bladefall - (Awakened) Spell Cascade - Concentrated Effect

As for Blade Blast, We want to put this in a 4L Spellslinger setup in our helmet. Craft a helmet with an essence of insanity for guaranteed 50% of physical damage as extra Lightning Damage for a pseudo 5L with no additional mana multiplier. Do this on a Shaper Helmet for hypothermia support and/or Socketed spells have 1-3% Increased Critical Strike Chance.

Something like this (crafted just for this guide, you're welcome) would be close to ideal. Increased AOE Support is superfluous and I probably wouldn't go for it. Icing on the cake if you can afford the extra mana reserve.

4L:
Blade Blast - Spellslinger - Physical to Lightning - Concentrated Effect
5L:
Hypothermia

The base mana reservation for the 4L Setup is 30% and 5L is 34%. Adding Inc AOE brings it to 42%. If you want to add Controlled Destruction and run on a 6L Chest it's going to be base 40% reservation.

Other Links

You can use a 2nd Poet's Pen and use it for mobility:
Lightning Warp - Less Duration - Swift Affliction

You can also forgo the 2nd pen for a shield or stat wand and run like a pleb if you want. :D

Wand Attack:
If you're dual wielding, you'll use Barrage, otherwise Frenzy.
Barrage/Frenzy - Life Gain on Hit - Culling Strike/Great Multiple Projectiles(with quality for attack speed) - Faster Attacks

Try to get a pair of gloves like these for the attack speed boost. Elder Faster attacks is icing on the cake. and again, more Insanity Essences.

Golems:
We get 3 golems to use with our final ascendancy and nice buff to them.
Summon Stone Golem - Summon Lightning Golem - Summon Ice Golem - Meat Shield

Gotta have Flame Dash:
Or whatever movement skill you want to use.
Flame Dash - Arcane Surge (Lvl 6) - Second Wind

If Using 1 Pen+Shield
Shield Charge - Fortify - Faster Attacks

POB Pastebin:
This is just an initial idea for a tree to follow...roughly. Tweak, adjust, and comment as you see fit. I probably missed something obvious. :D
https://pastebin.com/Nm55cnWn

Thanks for looking!
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Mar 12, 2020, 11:38:55 PM
Last bumped on Mar 23, 2020, 4:43:08 AM
Reserved
Here's to hoping I can find another 90ex Scold's to sell you ;)
"
Charl1eTango wrote:
Here's to hoping I can find another 90ex Scold's to sell you ;)

Somehow I don't think we'll get an enchant that gives 33% more DPS to blade blast like we have with VD :P
Hey, I'm thinking about following this build (or the VD one) as a league-starter. Have you thought about using Spellslinger ? It could be very nice for leveling until you get a Scold's, and might even outperform Scold's in the lategame (no low level requirements on the skills in particular).
I'd love to hear your thoughts about it.
EDIT : just saw your PP section. I guess that answers my question.

Also you forgot to put Cyclone in your 6-links.
Last edited by Kereon on Mar 4, 2020, 6:11:17 AM
"
Kereon wrote:
Hey, I'm thinking about following this build (or the VD one) as a league-starter. Have you thought about using Spellslinger ? It could be very nice for leveling until you get a Scold's, and might even outperform Scold's in the lategame (no low level requirements on the skills in particular).
I'd love to hear your thoughts about it.
EDIT : just saw your PP section. I guess that answers my question.

Also you forgot to put Cyclone in your 6-links.

Idk how I missed the Cyclone in the links. Lol. Good catch.

And yeah spell slinger could be good for leveling but the slow cooldown at low levels is a little concerning. I invest in cast speed in the tree while leveling league start because it makes game play a lot smoother (especially for VD).

I'll probably level with blade vortex+blade blast as that seems to be a really nice clear combo. Mixing in the other blade skills and Animate Weapon as I go. I'll dig deeper into an actual plan when we get more information/patch notes.
I can't wait to see what you will offer us.
Thank you in advance
I'm looking forward to this build. I was wondering if the the cluster jewels with for example Disciple of Kitava wouldn't be great for this?
Hey, still working on this build or focus only on your Volatile Dead Witch only ?
Ty.
"
Hikara wrote:
Hey, still working on this build or focus only on your Volatile Dead Witch only ?
Ty.

I'm still focusing on this one, not much to do with it until league starts and I can do real testing with the skill. I am focusing on the VD build a little more right now just because of the major changes that hit it.

I am planning still to league start as bladeblast (with VD as a fallback) and do some experimenting between spellslinger+Poet's Pen and Scold's+CWC/CoC.

With Spirit Offering getting gutted it's not nearly as cut and dry as to what ascendancy/class combo I want to go with. For now I'm sticking with witch because I can fallback on VD if it's not working very well and bone offering is super strong defensively as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info