I vote for lose expierence in atlas if you enter in a map and you spend all portals

"
hollowsaibot wrote:

In fact it is what you say. Sorry for my english, but i am writing from spain, so it is not my first.
The idea it is that, be able to recover the exp. and reward the success killing the boss/penalty failing on all intents.

*I don't want focus the discussion on my char, i tried change settings to make them vivible if anyone can confirm it.. but by the way I just wanted to know how he leveled up. To have tiny tricks like spend all passives on more health as mandatory. (at least to me)

Your chars are visible now :)

And Im afraid this thread is going to be about your gear and skilltree choices.
You made tons of mistakes and fixing those will increase your build powerlevel greatly.

Im not trying to blame or mock you, but your build right now is bad. Like really bad. In fact Im trying to help you and others will chime in, contributing their 2cents. Again: Dont take it as an insult. Sometimes the truth is harsh and brutal, like in this case. Your build sucks ;)

It´ll take some time to analyze all your mistakes and come up with solutions.
I´ll post later here again and as I said: Others will do so too.
Hang in there, be patient and take the advises given to you for what they are: An attempt to help you

Cheers
I'm seriously starting to doubt if this kind of posts are from legit several people but 1 with many accounts trying to force this kind of memes into the game.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Ok I did fiddle around with your build a bit and came up with a better version.
Im not super happy with it, but I did try to stick to your build as much as I could while still improving it.

Im using Path of Building (PoB) to do that and in case you havent installed it already, pls do so:
https://github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding/releases

Now you did start out with following stats:
Cleave dps: 16.8k
Life: 5.2k

I reworked your pathing on the tree quite a bit and also made some gear changes. Here is the PoB you can import using the tool linked above:
https://pastebin.com/ietfJP3n

Stats now:
Cleave dps: 126k
Life: 5.2k - could be 5.8k easily

Changelog items:
- dropped Meginords gloves
- added rare Spiked gloves with flat life, res and mana leech to solve your mana issues
- dropped both of your swords
- added 2 Ahns Might swords
- dropped mana flask (because you leech now)
- added a basalt flask for more phys dmg mitigation
- dropped a life flask (you should never need 3 life flasks, 1 should be enough but I left it at 2 flasks. Thats up to you)
- added lions roar flask for more dmg as well as more armor

Changelog skills:
- dropped vitality aura
- added stone golem instead (does the same as vitality, but doesnt reserve mana)
- dropped bloodlust and infernal legion supports for Herald or Purity
- added blind and culling strike supports for Herald of Purity (far better defense)
- added pride aura, warbanner, warchief totem and blood rage for more dps
(You might have to drop 1 of your Vengeance setups to make room)

Changelog skilltree:
see PoB link provided above

Recommendation:
Replace all your gear pieces with zero life rolls like your boots (also get at least 25% movespeed), amulet and 1 ring. Try to get about 60 life at least on each item. You are sitting at roughly 200% inc life from your tree. So 3 items with 60 flat life would provide 180 life and your tree would add another 200%, turning those 180 life into 540 life for a total of 5.2k life plus 540 life = round about 5.8k life

Now your ascendancy provides a good dps boost, if you have 5 allies nearby.
Herald of Purity can provide 4, but not 5. Thats another reason why I did add the Stone Golem. Thats number 5 and you will get that dps boost, if they stay close enough to you.

This is just a rough rework and far from perfect. But in the end we are looking at a massive dps increase from 16.8k to 126k - thats 7.5x the dmg you are dealing right now. Also I made sure to increase your max ele res, increase your armor and phys mitigation.
If you do get better gear (means life rolls) as recommended, you´d also enjoy a bigger lifepool and your build should perform a lot better than it does right now.
The only item that might be somewhat hard to get would be the gloves. Those are pretty neat, yet still far from perfect. You dont need the attack speed, but you do need life, res and mana leech.

Good luck
Last edited by Orbaal on Feb 25, 2020, 8:26:02 AM
Good work @Orbaal, as usual!

When it comes to choosing boot, helmet and gloves, you benefitt the most from armour based rares BUT if you find dex or int based ones that have life/resist, use those until you can get something better.

Look at as an incremental process, you swap out a piece at a time enabling you to do harder and harder content which gives you better and better equipment to swap into. (and around you go)
(Oh, if you have room in the stash, save the old equipment for the next char)

Last edited by Dharall on Feb 25, 2020, 7:55:12 AM
Amazing post dude! o.O
It is trully helpful to have a reference of improvements. Don't worry about tell people that have bad gear if they have. It is good to realize that.
I will try to find those swords (not buying) I want see that dps! :)

It is really pleasant read that analisis, i like it.
*First time I will use anything to check the build. I didn't knew it.

Thanks 4 your advice/work, really.

*New challenge for the new league.
Last edited by hollowsaibot on Feb 25, 2020, 10:46:58 AM
Thanks man, you are welcome :)

Ahns Might swords do help a lot, but most of the dmg is actually coming from pride, warbanner, warchief totem and lions roar flask.

If you can fit those in right now, you should already feel a difference.
The swords can be upgraded later.

The idea is basically to kill shit before it kills you.
Thats impossible to achieve with 16.8k dps and thats holding you back big time.
The more dmg you stack, the more lackluster your defense can be (in theory) and you wouldnt die as often anymore.

As a beginner you still shouldnt go full glasscannon mode. This game will punish you if you try :D
If your movement and positioning isnt perfect, you will die.
Simple as that.
As a rule of thumb: Keep moving all the time, never stand still for longer than 1 second. If you cant kill an enemy in less than 1 second, move and reposition.
DO NOT STAND STILL - thats the golden rule around here.

Stay safe and good luck

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info