Cant play because of in game visual bugs and crashes. (SOLVED)

Hi there, im just wanted to return to game after like a year and after downloading game from Steam and even reinstaling it, i have some visual bugs, disappearing textures, animations and other stuff.

I tried to open on all directX's, customized or even ive tried run on default settings and nothing.

I dont think its my hardware fault cause it was working fine last time.

Can someone help?
Last edited by Pochodniak2137 on Feb 20, 2020, 11:49:37 AM
Last bumped on Feb 20, 2020, 1:55:25 PM
That's a dead vram. It's a video card, either the onboard memory is overheating (which is unlikely if ''last time'' was yesterday or so) or it's dying/dead onboard memory. Those are artifacts.
No rest for the wicked.
"
Daiena wrote:
That's a dead vram. It's a video card, either the onboard memory is overheating (which is unlikely if ''last time'' was yesterday or so) or it's dying/dead onboard memory. Those are artifacts.

artifacts do not necessarily mean that your GPU is damaged, it's a sign of instability. If you overclocked your GPU reset that to normal settings and reinstall your video driver with DDU.
Ingame Name: GadamDesync
"
Hi there, im just wanted to return to game after like a year and after downloading game from Steam and even reinstaling it, i have some visual bugs, disappearing textures, animations and other stuff.
Spoiler

I tried to open on all directX's, customized or even ive tried run on default settings and nothing.

I dont think its my hardware fault cause it was working fine last time.

Can someone help?

Actually, this looks like you don't have DirectX 11 compatible GPU. Not so long ago, DirectX 9 support was dropped from PoE, and even though the game can be launched on non-compatible cards, it results in exactly same artefacts you observe... So, what is your GPU?
Last edited by julus on Feb 20, 2020, 5:44:29 AM
Check Your PC with that. If You have good hardware all test should be passed without errors !
🌞 Designer of SimpleFilter see My Item Filters 🌞
"
koszmarnica wrote:
Check Your PC with that. If You have good hardware all test should be passed without errors !

nothing to check. His problem is that his GFX doesn't support DX11 and last time he played, the game supported DX9 witch it doesn't anymore.

@OP you have to buy new pc / new dedikated GFX if you want to play PoE.
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
koszmarnica wrote:

nothing to check. His problem is that his GFX doesn't support DX11 and last time he played, the game supported DX9 witch it doesn't anymore.

@OP you have to buy new pc / new dedikated GFX if you want to play PoE.

Yeah thanks for help, its probably that, i was thinking that might be a problem and you just confirmed my fears.

Guess i just need to help for new PC.
"
gadam93 wrote:
"
Daiena wrote:

artifacts do not necessarily mean that your GPU is damaged, it's a sign of instability. If you overclocked your GPU reset that to normal settings and reinstall your video driver with DDU.

Most OCd

Shouldn't the GPU just error out instead tho? e/g fail to launch the client with some sort of error message?
No rest for the wicked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info