HELP: I haven't played since 3.3.0 - what's the next step for my level 95?

I usually get a few small updates behind and catch up up all at once, but I've been quite busy and it's a bit overwhelming hopping back in and trying to digest a bunch of patch notes of major updates.

Could anyone please point me in the direction of the end game content since 3.3.0 that might improve my character, or will it all be pretty self-explanatory?
Last bumped on Feb 19, 2020, 7:58:33 PM
A ton has changed.

The atlas and related end game is a complete redo in 3.9. Watch a video.

The master missions (atlas) should also be new to you.

Delve is a nice change of pace from mapping, and the syndicate sub-game (from Betrayal) is also interesting.

Perhaps the biggest changes in terms of improving your gear will be from the veiled mods you get from Syndicate (and Jun missions) to use on your crafting bench. You also want to do at least a little delving to get the Vorici socket/link/color recipes, which work through your bench.

There's a lot more, but that's a start.
Thank you so much!
Read the patch notes for each update after 3.3

A lot of staple mechanics got major overhauls or nerfs since then, and some things got a bit of a buff. Defensive skills (now called guard skills) got a blanket nerf. Immortal Call, frost wall, etc. Spell damage and especially Damage over time and minion damage have gotten buffs (some of which might get a nerf after this league...skeletons and zombies are ridiculous right now).

Boss and rare monster HP and damage have been boosted throughout the game, starting in acts (a little buffing here and there) through to endgame (Shaper has 4x the HP he used to, and deals a lot more damage). Bosses feel like you're fighting a true global nemesis again, they're not just big speedbumps anymore.

A lot of new item bases, for specialized purposes: Rune Daggers (roll caster modifiers more readily), Warstaff (roll attack mods more readily), Convoking Wand (can roll minion mods), etc. The Convoking wand is specific to certain maps in the atlas.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
that's great - thank you!
There is another option and one that I would do if I were in your shoes. Start a new character for the last few weeks of this season - I would recommend a miner. Gear will be cheap and you can figure out what has changed.

Don't play standard! Just say no.
Dun play league, just say no! only if u lov test beta league for other ppl every3 month, and u will hav alot of character, remove only stash and currency that u dun even hav time to spend xD
"
imcominghehee wrote:
Dun play league, just say no! only if u lov test beta league for other ppl every3 month, and u will hav alot of character, remove only stash and currency that u dun even hav time to spend xD

Reasons to play Standard:

Spoiler

Yeah.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Feb 19, 2020, 7:59:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info