Another Sirus thread

I’ve been debating on posting something since there are so many threads about this, but after seeing the news of another league coming soon - I decided to make a video of how awful this fight is.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ediHm6K6SI8

I’ve attempted Sirus about 10-12 times and have only succeeded in killing him once. How? No clue, he was just dead after massive frame drops. Happens like this every attempt
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2020, 1:45:18 AM
"
I’ve been debating on posting something since there are so many threads about this, but after seeing the news of another league coming soon - I decided to make a video of how awful this fight is.

I’ve attempted Sirus about 10-12 times and have only succeeded in killing him once. How? No clue, he was just dead after massive frame drops. Happens like this every attempt

Watching this I have to wonder if Sirus should actually say "Beyond there is only massive frame drops"

but seriously this is really bad, especially if this is how it always plays out. I have not made Sirus a priority for me and have only fought him 3 times (have a fight pending right now) and sadly for me I think I can only blame my own incompetence for failure. I'm pretty sure I did make it to the last phase on my last 2 attempts, or at least the phase where the beams are circling and I can't say I've had this happen to me (yet) which makes me wonder if there are certain builds or even skills that are causing this. Either way, it's a terrible state of affairs and it is hard to understand how this gets past Quality Assurance, you know, that team dedicated to ensuring the product is fit for purpose before it goes out the door.

ps. I hope GGG don't think I'm just hating on the game the truth is I think it is in the top 5 list of games I've ever played (and I'm a lifetime gamer). But the issues and bugs in this game are simply next level stuff, and often brutalize their own player base with the consequences. I died with less than 10% to go while leveling to 100 when the game froze and I booted back -10% xp. It's one thing to have bugs, it's another to have bugs that steal hours if not days of grind from you with zero recourse.
Last edited by bendybruce on Feb 11, 2020, 11:40:50 PM
"

I found that that game doesnt like anything with lots of calculation on console, especially attack speed. With a minion build you put that on steroids as they all attack. I had the same issue on my high attack speed savior cyclone build and my volatile dead build.
On my ED contagion build I dont have any of these lag problems at all except for Sirus sometimes desyincing causing him to do phases before he calls them out and even do 2 phases at once. I can kill him with 0 issues deathless up to awakener 7 but on 8 its really bad. Last time he even intant strom phased when I walked in on my first portal, insta killing me lol
I have had 2 fights ith Sirsus. My first fight was at level 5 and that fight went well, I killed him and there was a small amount of lag but I killed him fast enough that it didn't matter. My second figh I just finished was at awakener level 6. Thing were fine until I got him to his final phase then super lag and he killed me 5 straight times. I would walk into the room lag and I'm dead. Funny it killed me until I lost all my experience then let me kill him.

The sirus fight lag is tied to his final phaes. Oh I'm running a cyclone summoner build and I'm on ps4. I tend to lag bad in boss fights and against metamorphs, which is bad since it gets me killed. The game crashes in weird places.

I have crashed while in the market a few time.
I have crashed 5 or 6 times on empty maps just checking out loot.
Plus other weird ways I can't remember but there is no real reason just crashes.

I love this league had a lot of fun but the endgame is horrible. There have been 4 updates in the past few weeks and none have addressed the real issues with this game.

Fix the horrible stability issues with your game. Fix the bad influence issues. Took me 68 maps to get influence just to fight an impossible boss fight with super lag. Does that sound like fun to you guys?
Just FYI I beat Sirus for the first time (which was an absolute fist pump moment) and I did not get any freezes or lock ups. Although I've had this happen in other situations it has never happened to me in this fight so it seems it is somehow related to certain builds and/or skills.
I killed him again last night and I think I figured out what causes the massive lag spike. Pretty sure that the pinwheel beam thing applies stacks of Corrupted Blood. The issue is when Sirus drops the ability on my pack of minions. Something about 20+ minions all receiving massive stacks of corrupted blood at once stutters and freezes the game. I was able to avoid some of the freezes if I could run away from the beams before they effected too many of my pets.
This league cant go on with those extremely low rates of the 4 brats appearence. We are almost finishing this dooomed league and I only fought Sirus twice... being killed whenever last phase starts. I had one elder fight, and no shaper... minotaur doenst show, while a fragment is araound 1 exalt in the market.
I'm farming Sirus awakened 8, I do have frame drops, but nothing that can kill me. There is a post how to mitigate frame drops on the Console Gameplay Discussion thread, where myself and some other players share tips and tricks how to reduce frame drops. By the way my build is necro cyclone, so I have constantly 10 zombies, 2 holy relics, 12 skeletons and 3 specters.
I won't repeat what was writen here, but i suggest that you search the thread.
"
Aka_Portogas wrote:
I'm farming Sirus awakened 8, I do have frame drops, but nothing that can kill me. There is a post how to mitigate frame drops on the Console Gameplay Discussion thread, where myself and some other players share tips and tricks how to reduce frame drops. By the way my build is necro cyclone, so I have constantly 10 zombies, 2 holy relics, 12 skeletons and 3 specters.
I won't repeat what was writen here, but i suggest that you search the thread.

Thanks for the tip, but I just went ahead and sold all of my worthwhile necro gear and geared another ED trickster. I don’t have the frame drops and Sirus is a joke now. My first attempt was deathless at awakening 8.

Glad I made the swap too! Sirus just won’t stop dropping good loot. Got myself The Saviour last night :D
Last edited by Eternal_Eclipse_ on Feb 21, 2020, 1:45:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info