Solution to EXP loss/Death Penalty that wont make everyone angry

"
Dudebag wrote:
its a separate league and changes should never affect HC/SC.

if people want challenge they can move up into HC/SC[/b]

And I already told you that this is complete nonsense.

Most players will go to that carebear league because people choose the past of least resistance.
And then there will be no turning back, GGG would HAVE to start balancing around that shit league, because the balance in there would be absolutely fucked, more than now, and changing the balance would affect everyone.

How hard is it to understand ? In what language should I say it ?
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Feb 11, 2020, 5:44:22 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Dudebag wrote:

Most players will go to that carebear league because people choose the past of least resistance.
And then there will be no turning back, GGG would HAVE to start balancing around that shit league, because the balance in there would be absolutely fucked, more than now, and changing the balance would affect everyone.

dont start with that tone. stop poting if you cant conrol your anger.
but i understand your concern.

some games, a lot of games actually, *have easy mode. and the game does not be balanced around easy mod

Last edited by Dudebag on Feb 11, 2020, 6:29:11 AM
"
Dudebag wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Dudebag wrote:

but i understand your concern.

some games, a lot of games actually, *have easy mode. and the game does not be balanced around easy mod

those games are singelplayer only and the "easy" mode is than called "story mode" where ppl can just enjoy the story.

"
Dudebag wrote:

I literally told you many times, so ... what ? Should I also go with "stop posting on forums if you can't read the messages ?"
It seems like bolding specific words and changing tone a bit did actually make you understand what I meant so ...

But to be fair, I'm also sick of seeing "hey let's add that, you don't have to do it if you don't want to" nonsense, like giving ascendancy points for free (you can still run the lab if you want to!), or some other **** of the same kind.

"
Dudebag wrote:

Like which multiplayer game ?
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Feb 11, 2020, 7:05:05 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Dudebag wrote:

I literally told you many times, so ... what ? Should I also go with "stop posting on forums if you can't read the messages ?"
It seems like bolding specific words and changing tone a bit did actually make you understand what I meant so ...

But to be fair, I'm also sick of seeing "hey let's add that, you don't have to do it if you don't want to" nonsense, like giving ascendancy points for free (you can still run the lab if you want to!), or some other **** of the same kind.

"
Dudebag wrote:

Like which multiplayer game ?

ok so find me an anser, you tell the guy to practice more sirus to get better, the guy says " i don't have 100+ h /week to run 50 maps to spawn sirus blah blah, i got family, kids etc"

you can't ignore his issues, you gotta find the solution. he does not have time , he has family kids . serious problem sir.

find the solution thats not gonna fuck regular players .

are you gonna force him... oh my god what a dictatorship

this is 2020 everyone deserves fair share.

forcing them to do something they can't handle is wrong. so wrong
Last edited by Dudebag on Feb 11, 2020, 7:24:17 AM
"
Dudebag wrote:
ok so find me an anser, you tell the guy to practice more sirus to get better, the guy says " i don't have 100+ h /week to run 50 maps to spawn sirus blah blah, i got family, kids etc"

you can't ignore his issues, you gotta find the solution. he does not have time , he has family kids . serious problem sir.

So what ?

You need to accept that not every game out there is targeted as everybody, PoE is a game based on grinding, at its very chore.

If you have no time to play, don't play, or play with the appropriate expectations, that it might take 6 months to get to Sirus.

So .. yes, you can ignore it, there is no solution, you can't please everyone.

"
forcing them to do something they can't handle is wrong. so wrong

What ? who is forcing anybody to do anything ?
The question is, what problem is there for the normal player if GGG decided to add another league with reduced difficulty and doesn't balance around it, just like they don't balance around SSF?
Different leagues, different economy so your real world comparision doesn't apply at all. Why would it bother you or me if there was a league like that? I guess there shouldn't be challenges in that "easy league" since this would be unfair for other people but generally I don't see a problem with that idea.

Sure we can keep telling people "if the game is to hard for you, well your problem, get good or quit" but that's not really a solution.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Feb 11, 2020, 7:35:30 AM
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
The question is, what problem is there for the normal player if GGG decided to add another league with reduced difficulty and doesn't balance around it, just like they don't balance around SSF?
Different leagues, different economy so your real world comparision doesn't apply at all.

"
Fruz wrote:

Holy cow, how hard is it to read ?
Seriously, what language are you more familiar with ? what words would you understand better ? What words do you have a problem with in what I wrote ?
Standard already exists.

You dont get challenges there and you have unlimited time to achieve whatever you want. Its just the league mechanic missing, which is always overtuned as hell as we all know.

There is no need for a "Stripped of all challenges challenge league" just for the sake of it.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
Different leagues, different economy so your real world comparision doesn't apply at all.

"
Fruz wrote:

Holy cow, how hard is it to read ?
Seriously, what language are you more familiar with ? what words would you understand better ? What words do you have a problem with in what I wrote ?

I understand your words, they just don't make any sense to me. Even if a lot of people go and play that league, it's got nothing to do with you or me. Lot's of people play SSF, who cares?

Just because there is something in your head telling you that God will force GGG to balance around the new league if it ends up being popular (yes that's an if, maybe not in your head but it is, there are plenty of people in the community who don't want it easier).

And since your already starting with the flames again, let me reply in kind since that seems to be the only language you can understand:

"
"
Baharoth15 wrote:

I have highlighted it specifically for you. My whole statement was based on the condition that they DON'T I repeat, DO NOT balance around it. If you think they have to for whatever reason that's your problem, it has nothing to do with my statement and the clear condition it was based on.

"
Orbaal wrote:
Standard already exists.

You dont get challenges there and you have unlimited time to achieve whatever you want. Its just the league mechanic missing, which is always overtuned as hell as we all know.

There is no need for a "Stripped of all challenges challenge league" just for the sake of it.

It's mostly about the death penalty. There are lot's of people who want a game without it, so just give them what they want? They are most likely just going to quit otherwise anyway.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Feb 11, 2020, 7:51:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info