Solution to EXP loss/Death Penalty that wont make everyone angry

Semantics are necessarily subject to logic.

As is, well, pretty much everything in existence.
Wash your hands, Exile!

Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

Huh? The difference in semantics in this particular case are fairly irrelevant to the actual point..
"
Deathfairy wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

Huh? The difference in semantics in this particular case are fairly irrelevant to the actual point..

I assure you, semantics (= meaning) is never irrelevant to any point and never will be.

Perhaps you thought semantics meant something different.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
Deathfairy wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

I assure you, semantics (= meaning) is never irrelevant to any point and never will be.

Perhaps you thought semantics meant something different.

Again you live in your own magic world, in which you talk about semantics in general and you are right. However in the real world in this tread, difference it limited to a very specific disagreement. And the result of this disagreement does not in any shape or form affects main argument.

At least you not talking about dogs anymore that is progress.
"
Deathfairy wrote:
Again you live in your own magic world, in which you talk about semantics in general and you are right. However in the real world in this tread, difference it limited to a very specific disagreement. And the result of this disagreement does not in any shape or form affects main argument.

The meaning of words affects all discussion in the "real world" as well (regardless of how you define it), I assure you.

There is nothing magic about this extremely simple fact.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
Deathfairy wrote:

The meaning of words affects all discussion in the "real world" as well (regardless of how you define it), I assure you.

Do you mind illuminating how does it affect this discussion exactly?
because from where i am standing you finally realized your pages of "logic" is nothing but waste of space and now you grasping for straws.
Just as a friendly reminder, the original topic of this thread was whether a new league without any death penalty would be a good idea.

What you're currently discussing, albeit recently reaching agreement, is whether or not semantics is important, which came up because of a semantic argument over the meaning of "casual," which came out of an ad hominem attack on a forumer for having too many achievements this league, which came out of that forumer dubiously claiming to be casual, which was arguably irrelevant to the discussion in the first place.

And yes, I am arguing that. I am saying the concept of an individual player's casualness, or lack thereof, is itself irrelevant to whether a No Death Penalty League is or is not a good idea. Hell, if it makes it any easier, let's just say in arguendo that achievements could not be earned in such a league, so if you want that 40/40 you'd still have to deal with XP loss on death. Would such a league be a good idea or not?

I mean sheeit, I enjoy a good derail, but the horse is dead so let's put the fucking sticks down already.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 23, 2020, 2:06:42 AM
"
Deathfairy wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

Do you mind illuminating how does it affect this discussion exactly?
because from where i am standing you finally realized your pages of "logic" is nothing but waste of space and now you grasping for straws.

How does the meaning of what we say affect this discussion?

Is this a serious question?
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Feb 23, 2020, 9:18:04 AM
You know, these threads would gain more traction if they focused more on the lack of counterplay in preventing in game deaths as opposed to eliminating the penalty completely.

My first necro died more hitting 90 than any of my previous league characters save for maybe my first one.

A lot of it was performance related, with my game turning into a slideshow. When that was patched, I almost failed death and taxes because those same pathing changes that prevented the slideshow made the boss keep turning around so getting him all the way back through the rings was harder than it's ever been. So there I ate deaths that would have never otherwise happen.

I get the concept of "unfair" deaths, which is why I'll never really commit fully to HC play.

But they're never going to make it that easy to hit 100, it's a spiritual successor to D2 after all.

Personally I think it would make more sense for players to aspire to be better as opposed to making the challenge so easy it stops being a challenge at all.
Yep, totally over league play.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info