What armor should i buy for physical damage ranger? I keep getting 1 shotted by high end bosses

You'll never have enough armour because armour values in the range you can achieve in your class/ascendancy, are wholly inadequate. The relationship between armour needed to mitigate % incoming is LOGARITHMIC as soon as you're talking about anything above magic trash mobs.

You're probably better off going acro/phase acro/dodge. If you're relying heavily on dodge, flaskfinder is in your future, because flat universal dodge from quartz is a big part of it.

Aspect of cat + high base evasion + straight-up physical damage mitigation à la Basalt Flask or chest/boot explicits, Soul of Steel anoint, Assassin ascendancy, or conversion to an element also works.

Some other things you should have in your toolbox: stun, blind, maim/hinder, enfeeble, temp chains, warlords or poachers mark on CoH or blasphemy, wither or some other slowing/chilling effect on triggered-skill status or spell totem; usually hexproof doesn't overlap with can't be slowed, but when they do, you should have the evasion/dodge sorted.

For those "special" bosses who spawn adds right on your character, phase run on CWDT and withering step are essential. Aspect of spider may help as well, so you can slide out from a pack before they have a chance to barrage you.

In short, don't get hit, and there's lots of ways to accomplish that without manually dodging every projectile in bullet hell.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
LionRobie wrote:
So basically its impossible for ranger to slay uber atiziri? Because there is no way in world to not get hit there.

Wrong. There are people who did Uber Atziri with 1 life. (CI + EB).

Its very easy to avoid stormcalls/flameblast. "Spears" shouldnt oneshot you. Just as I said before, get AT LEAST 160% life in the passive tree. With that you should have 5k+ life. Its enoguh to not get one-shoted by random attacks that are hard to dodge.
Last edited by Aynix on Jan 19, 2020, 3:03:35 PM
Path of life nodes, high leech and high damage. (And don't take a hit, ever) :)
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info