Main reason to not have an auction house in POE

"
yamface wrote:
"
Saevan wrote:
"
yamface wrote:
I think a good middle ground could be to be able to set up personal stalls that have your items listed and people can visit and buy off of you as if you were a vendor.

BUT. Your character must be present at this stall. In other words you still can't map and sell things at the same time, but this creates a small opportunity to automate sales whenever you need to eat dinner or whenever you go to work/school or something.

Why do you need to be there? It'll end up like EverQuest (trade version 3.0) with people never logging out. The servers are bad enough without that extra load.

They just need to connect your existing public tabs to an vendor in your hideout (or vendors, MTX opportunity there) and enable 'trade' access. Done.

The game already let's you log in forever anyway. The load only gets bad if your character is actively doing things. Eg. a character slamming 100+ mobs with an army of minions is going to stress the server more than just an afk player in his base.

As to why the player needs to be there: most people who don't want a full AH are afraid of the implications of instant gratification. Same goes for GGG. There's no doubt that players will quit even sooner. Once people finish their build and complete their goals for the season, they quit. I hate the current trading system, I truly do. But I also understand that GGG's livelyhood is at stake if they implement something that ultimately let's their customers quit sooner.

Valid points, but most people currently are going to log out if they aren't playing. I do know people that stay logged in as they do something else, just to work around the current system.

Regarding people quitting early, that might be true for some. As an altaholic myself I'm more likely to stay if I can equip my alts. One of the reasons I'm posting on a couple of trade threads now is the frustration I have in buying a specific map and some jewels. Many whispers later, and it still hasn't happened. I'll walk away soon, Grim Dawn awaits.
Last edited by Saevan on Jan 15, 2020, 8:11:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info