Main reason to not have an auction house in POE

"
cjimaras wrote:
The ONLY and REAL reason that we don't have yet auction house in the game is because tencent wants to milk players with stash tabs. Everything else is poor excuses. China has auction house, playstation has auction house, xbox has auction house but here there are still bots...eh i mean players...that still defend the abomination we have as trading system. Just wait to see what will happen when the next big arpg will release. Tencent would beg us to return here. They will even give us ten mtx for free everyday. But for the moment tencent is enjoying the throne. I wonder for how long though...

You don't have to crouch for whatever reasons. We can stand up for no reasons and it just feels good (in our mind at least). :)
Stop Bombing Syria
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Moment Joon 【Passport & Garcon】https://bit.ly/2wXiUSj
MonoNeon 【Put On Earth For You】https://bit.ly/3I22mru
Last edited by finisterre on Jan 13, 2020, 2:56:00 PM
Auction house is a must. If theres no AH, its going to be hard to justify POE2 as a complete sequel compared to a content patch
Well, as a player since 2013 I have gone through differing opinions about a AH. At the end of the day IMO the trading for gear is good enough with the trading sites and the information sites.

What is not OK is currency and map trading. Exit game, search, ctl-C, get back in game ctrl-v and with currency and maps I have done it 20 times in a row without a response and I am sure everyone is the same. That is the issue, not items. Fix this......and we are good to go in my book.
Bots bots bots bots bots trade bots bots
I have some problems with the current systems too.

It's really hard to buy a cheap item after a month of league start, because players doesn't come out from maps to sell it. I'm spending my free time to copy messages.

A lot of times I can't go out from maps immediately, to sell my items. My buyers spending their free time (or gaming time) to wait me.

In the other hand with an auction house my premium stash tabs would be totally useless.

A good solution would be to don't f*** up people who spent money on this game, an automatic item transfer from premium stash tabs to a remove only temporary stash tab.
Last edited by SkulkLife on Jan 14, 2020, 6:15:20 AM
First of all, we already have all negatives of AH by just using poe.trade or official trade site. So it wouldnt get any worse at all in this deparment.

AH would actualy fix many remaning problems.
Price fixers wouldn't exist, since you cant just post item and not sell it in AH.
Scams would be eliminated in most cases too (wrong prophercy, jewels etc.) because you cannot trade something different than you posted in AH.
Most trades would be sucesfull since you wouldnt meet not responding, AFK or even offline people anymore.
You wouldnt need to exit your maps or activity in order to trade.
You could have easier tracking of bots and could put some level/act requierement in order to use AH.
You would eliminate programs that use current API to automaticly buy things and search for them faster than poe.trade update.

"
herflik wrote:
First of all, we already have all negatives of AH by just using poe.trade or official trade site. So it wouldnt get any worse at all in this deparment.

AH would actualy fix many remaning problems.
Price fixers wouldn't exist, since you cant just post item and not sell it in AH.
Scams would be eliminated in most cases too (wrong prophercy, jewels etc.) because you cannot trade something different than you posted in AH.
Most trades would be sucesfull since you wouldnt meet not responding, AFK or even offline people anymore.
You wouldnt need to exit your maps or activity in order to trade.
You could have easier tracking of bots and could put some level/act requierement in order to use AH.
You would eliminate programs that use current API to automaticly buy things and search for them faster than poe.trade update.

We already have people by up a good portion of a market and sell with their own price. With offline trade that would take over basically all items in the game. One guy selling all rings with flammability on hit or pandemonious amulets as examples. One dedicated trader is enough to ruin a market. Now when that guy goes offline the market stabilizes until the next monopoly guy comes.
Are you sure this will happen? Because the main disadvantage of AH, as other people and GGG themselves have said, is that trading will become easier, thus more people will trade.

And for comparison's sake - one guy cornering the market in D3 didn't exist or at least didn't exist for the more important stuff.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Are you sure this will happen? Because the main disadvantage of AH, as other people and GGG themselves have said, is that trading will become easier, thus more people will trade.

And for comparison's sake - one guy cornering the market in D3 didn't exist or at least didn't exist for the more important stuff.

Trade is already easy enough and we already have this disadenvate GGG speak of. Almost everybody who want to play this game seriously will use poe.trade of official site for trading via premium stash tab.
Prices on market are actualy on the level of AH already, because listing items is super easy. Trading it is the clunky part, but since it is the step already after price listing, it wont impact prices anymore.
Some weeks ago I wasn't sure if I would favor an auction house but after playing the game for several weeks my mind already changed. The current trading system feels like a bad wild western shoot-out and not up to todays standards. Neither selling nor buying items feels appealing to me because you always have to tap in and out of the game just to do some trading. Then you either spam people for the item you want or get spammed if they want something from you. Since I want to play the game and not the trading system it just feels completly unnecessary to trade playtime against trade time. Honestly a trade in the current system is just a rather mindless interaction with other people you don't care about. In most trades you feel some kind of time pressure because other people also just want to get it done. Most absurd are parties where someone trades with five other people at the same time to be more efficient than the average player who doesn't want to do it this way. It is just a constant joining and leaving every couple of seconds. People are already running bots to automate this process. An auction house would allow people efficient trading accessible for everyone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info