Main reason to not have an auction house in POE

"
Deathfairy wrote:

When there is a 21 page thread on AH next line to this, i refuse to treat this as anything but troll post.

"The threads will stop when either trade stops being frustrating, or the game dies." - surprisingly enough this is true. Even though not in the way you were trying to say it. Because the game will eventually die, this near a fact and then the threads will stop.

Trolls always have reasons. They find something annoying, or theyre tired of talking about it, or they dont like someone.

At the end of the day, you are either posting real opinions with your reasons behind it, or not.

You can disagree with people who want either an AH or trade improvements, but if you have nothing more to add than calling them flat earthers, you have stopped being part of a discussion and have decided to just troll. I find it means someone is out of ideas, has dropped pretense at logic, and resulted to insults.

"
Deathfairy wrote:
Even though not in the way you were trying to say it. Because the game will eventually die, this near a fact and then the threads will stop.

Actually, that's exactly how I meant it.
Thats not a scam though, or at least I don't think it is. Scamming is purposely not giving the buyer what they want. Putting something high and waiting for someone to buy it usually ends up with the seller waiting whole league.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Jan 12, 2020, 11:41:00 PM
"
xMustard wrote:
nearly nobody that wants trade changes is actually pro-auction house

ppl just want an update to the currently outdated trading system, of having to look up through a trade API completely alt/tab'd out of the game on a separate browser window, then copy/paste PM the person regarding their item IF they're online, then partying and going to each others hideout and manually transferring items via a trade window.

but this system, the annoyance it brings and the frustrations that come within the details and how things can go wrong is GGGs idea of trade being "hard".

We have trade section on the official forum and it was killed at a time by automated bump functionality from 3rd party tool. Since then I had to take significantly more time to reach an active and dedicated seller.

*** I'm not complaining on those code-wizards and DIY'ers. They even put some restrictions for their functionality.
*** Trade section has its use for many purposes on the current state.

Current official trade function solved my issue and filled my needs because I stopped to rely on the market more than my own capability or market standard at that time. I started to notice the intent of the game design and thoughtful game progression every new league.

This is not meant to be a counter argument. I don't have the answer but a brilliant working game.

(I know CoC on lockstep mode "working". 25FPS on your 100FPS machines ? You gotta imagine how they trying to make it work when 100 things going to happen in a second = 10ms on a 40ms latency. I'm sure you are not going to build a 400FPS rocket to have 10ms latency.)

------------------------------

Imagine if we have no manual trade function outside of "AH" (a VERY HARD restriction btw) and what would happen.
Then again, add the manual trade to see if it solves the issue.

My current conclusion is no unless we have good control upon the activity on the market - the upper structure of the economy.

I recommend you to re-visit Adam Smith (the Invisible Hand). The Invisible Hand is used to describe the unpredictability rather than free-hand optimism. The whole intent of his study is to figure the way to maintain the economy (and later someone found the reproduction model that is still found in the concept of "slow work" the process of value creation today.)

------------------------------

You better try to include scammers in the community and listen to them. I had a chance for that and the scammer was an alt account of a famous player. He didn't really mean to harm anyone but he found there were many people who tries really hard to get involved in scam. he didn't really need more in game since there was AH where only quantity assure the outcome. he just wanted player interaction.
Stop Bombing Syria
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Moment Joon 【Passport & Garcon】https://bit.ly/2wXiUSj
MonoNeon 【Put On Earth For You】https://bit.ly/3I22mru
Last edited by finisterre on Jan 13, 2020, 4:08:27 PM
"
xMustard wrote:

ppl just want an update to the currently outdated trading system, of having to look up through a trade API completely alt/tab'd out of the game on a separate browser window, then copy/paste PM the person regarding their item IF they're online, then partying and going to each others hideout and manually transferring items via a trade window.

but this system, the annoyance it brings and the frustrations that come within the details and how things can go wrong is GGGs idea of trade being "hard".

I'm still pro-auction in-game house, but after good thought with some "realm" separation (e.g. 20 guilds per "realm") and no possibility to trade between realms. :-)
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!
"
Filousov wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:

I'm still pro-auction in-game house, but after good thought with some "realm" separation (e.g. 20 guilds per "realm") and no possibility to trade between realms. :-)

Good point. We have "private league" which can be expanded in some degree.
Stop Bombing Syria
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Last edited by finisterre on Jan 13, 2020, 7:34:46 AM
"
trixxar wrote:
The countless threads for trade haters trying to figure out why the sky isnt falling and they are still having the same basic gameplay experience without spending time outside the game.

At this point, aside from the simple benefits of an AH, it should be done just as an experiment. There have been so many people afraid of an AH for so long, like it will come out of their screen like The Ring and personally harm them, that the actual miniscule impact of it on their game-play would be hilarious.

"Huh, well I didnt really trade before, still dont. Guess Im ok. That was scary though."

"Well I traded before, still do, faster now. Guess Im ok. That was scary though."

You people are SOOO afraid of a basic gameplay element you would rather tab out of the game and message a bunch of random people who mostly ignore, when it could be over in 5 seconds.

This guy endlessly shows his ignorance on the subject. It's pretty obvious what the impacts on the game will be if an AH is implemented. It will not be good at all.
Chris is just wants your money for premium tabs is all!
"
Lvgamer wrote:
Chris is just wants your money for premium tabs is all!

Yes of course. Santa Claus is Amazon's agency. I heard they are going to be replaced for automated bots soon.
Stop Bombing Syria
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Last edited by finisterre on Jan 13, 2020, 2:01:02 PM
The ONLY and REAL reason that we don't have yet auction house in the game is because tencent wants to milk players with stash tabs. Everything else is poor excuses. China has auction house, playstation has auction house, xbox has auction house but here there are still bots...eh i mean players...that still defend the abomination we have as trading system. Just wait to see what will happen when the next big arpg will release. Tencent would beg us to return here. They will even give us ten mtx for free everyday. But for the moment tencent is enjoying the throne. I wonder for how long though...
"
When there is a 21 page thread on AH next line to this, i refuse to treat this as anything but troll post
Which you spent about 19 pages trolling.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info