How well does your computer handle PoE?

"
boyandroid wrote:
Just a tip:

If you need to squeeze more performance out of POE, you could try the "no sound" method.

Don't have to go completely no sound. You can manipulate your item filter to only make sounds for the visible drops and that makes a difference too.

It's not going to change I_NO's fan issue though. POE's reliance on particles is just resource heavy.
Last edited by NightCicer on Jan 14, 2020, 3:46:30 PM
PoE engine is so poorly optimized, it's not a gear thing, it's Poe itself. I also runa lot of other games at max and PoE just makes my laptop go solar temperatures it's impossible to keep it in my lap. Gear:

core i7-7700hq
nvidia geforce gtx 1050ti 4 gb gddr5
16 GB ram ddr4
Serial ATA-600 HD, not SSD :(

Every other game I throw I can run at max w/o any issues or fans screaming, but PoE has some shit that I really dunno what. Maybe it's the sound, maybe it's because I run windowed fullscreen, whatever.

Really hope PoE2 new engine doesn't suck. I don't have money to buy a new computer.
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
Was using a headhunter in a tier 15 map with beyond well I went so fast poe shut down and crashed lol
Aeound 110fps set to uncap
Mine runs at 100 FPS everywhere with no problems. If I don't limit the FPS though, and they finally added a real FPS limiter, then my GPU heats up like a nuclear bomb and my fans go berserk

RTX 2080
Ryzen 3700x
16GB DDR4 RAM
1TB m.2 NVME SSD

ran maxed out 1440p but limited to 100 FPS since the game jitters if I try to do 144 (usual in my experience for 90% of games I try to play at 1440p 144hz that aren't twitch shooters)
Last edited by Imaginaerum on Jan 15, 2020, 1:52:00 AM
AMD 2600x
RTX2070
16gb DDR4

Run the game at 1440p 144hz. Usually maintain about 150-200 with dips down to 80 in super juiced maps but it doesn't bother me as much as it would in other games
"
ElfBoy wrote:
My system plays it very well.

Using Arc heavily on largely populated maps doesnt even phaze it as an example.

The game engine is tracking and animating an awful lot in those big fights.

Not nearly as much as any AAA 3D title it's not...that's how crap the engine is.

I drop to ~10FPS breaking monoliths and that's asking to get killed, I lose about 15FPS opening breaches, this new league mechanic drops frames every time a gang of those assholes pops in or are standing around banging their drums for whatever buff they're casting, etc.
I7-7700k
1080 GTX 11GB
32GB Ram

21:9 1440p

Normal/Influenced Maps:
Runs around 90-140 fps, if I play alone
As soon as I play with at least one friend it drops around 30 fps(60-110fps).

Blighted Maps:
We tried a blighted map as 3-team, every one got fps issues and stuttering (below 30fps). Depends on how many mobs spawn and maybe projectiles and other effects used.

Crap engine = crap performance that is all
My system is:

I5-6500, 16gb ram, GTX 1060 6gb, 512gb m.2 sata ssd (wanted NVME but got this for a super deal on black friday)

It runs Poe just fine, the only issue I have with it was that I had to turn on VSync otherwise my 1060 sounded like a jet engine taking off, but still stayed around the 60fps cap even in very heavily juiced and modded maps with lots of effects.

Graphics settings, I left everything on default as it installed when I upgraded to the SSD.

One thing I did notice was that running in windowed mode full screen instead of running in pure full screen fixed a lot of my lag issues. Now I just need to upgrade my internet. If there's too much going on in my house with bandwidth, my ping skyrockets and I rubber-band a lot.
"
umx wrote:
Crap engine = crap performance that is all

For you maybe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info