Unplayable lag

Like the title says, getting lag spikes up to 100+ today on Washington. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing?
Last bumped on Jan 14, 2020, 3:56:44 PM
Europe here, usually playing around 30-50ms but today this thing is getting over 250ms spikes every 1-3 seconds, just unplayable.
I usually sit around 30-40ms on the Washington server.

Some days I'll have close to no lag at all. Other days it's 3000ms spikes every three seconds for a few hours. Other games I play are completely fine during these points in time.

I experience the least amount of lag when there aren't as many people playing the game. I believe it must be a server issue.

You don't choose when to play lag free, the server does.
Yes, this has been a very bad issue this league... Apparently GGG flops like this every December and I guess I just got lucky my past 5 leagues happening to have never played during this time.

But this is been a really bad experience this league.
It happens periodically. Usually only lasts for a few seconds, sometimes a few minutes.

Really tired of people not playing on the DC/Texas server posting replies about how it is "my ISP". I -never- experience this issue on -any- game that I play besides PoE. I even sat in my hideout once while this nonsense was happening and logged into WoW and Overwatch and was seeing 30ms on WoW, while playing lagg-free in Overwatch.
It is definitely not my ISP.

I shouldn't have to swap to a server like Cali with 150-200 ping to play the game. I'd like to keep my exp thanks
Last edited by Leiwolong1515 on Jan 12, 2020, 12:40:30 PM
Getting the same problem. Always happens during the evening, sometimes during other times of the day, then stops again after a few hours making me unable to play during my free-time.
Really hope it's fixed soon, can't do anything with the lag at all.
Everything else is running just fine; discord, netflix, and other internet-requiring games on top. When everything else has been terminated, the latency still remains, but only in PoE.
same issues. poe is the only game that causes latency issues. im central USA. right now texas is the worst. huge spikes of 1300ms every 2-3 minutes which cause disco with periodic 900ms and steady 300ms every 2-3 seconds idling back to between 16-30ms. at least on the DC and cali servers i dont have the disco latency. this problem started about 4 days ago and hasnt gone away. it has made the game unplayable.

this is a server issue, since this is a problem among many users over different ISPs.
40ms in Hideout- 300-400 in Maps. Washington and Texas. Fun times.

EDIT: back down to 20-30 (best it's been all day). I guess someone at HQ turned a switch.

EDIT EDIT: Back to 200 in Coral Ruins. Went into Caldera from a Zana Quest portal, latency was perfect 20-30ms. Came back to original map, Coral Ruins it's 150-250ms constantly.

Is each map on their own server?
Last edited by setcamper on Jan 12, 2020, 9:53:41 PM
Unplayable for 2 weeks on DC realm
Ive been playing since the delve league and i have never had lag issues like this,the game decides when i can play it seams.

i feel like a jackass for buying a supporter pack for this shit...

Same problem here for the last few days. Just have spans of time where the latency bounces around like crazy. It eventually calms down for a while. Checking my own network connection using Wireshark and traceroute, it doesn't seem to be an issue with my local network.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info