69 rEmOvE tHiS sEctIoN BalD ChRiS 69

This post will never die until GGG's comment or ban. Day #19
Metamorphs exposes deficiencies in PoE, both in its design and mechanics.

I can not understand how GGG did not change Metamorphs' colour scheme where they spawn dark grey/black ground, metamorphs themselves go underground with dark grey/black effect and most of on death effect from monsters they spawn are also....wait for it.... dark grey/black. There are situations where I lose sight of the metamorph and I can not find it until it dies and spews its loot.

Another issue is how taxing metamorphs are on the game engine. I play with 35-40ms but spawning them often spikes my latency--this results in situations where I clearly dodged their attack but I still get hit. When such hits result in loss of 5k+ health, it is very problematic. Metamorphs have lot of attacks that are stright 1-hko deaths or high damage and high cadancy hits, which are equally deadly to 1-hko. Where GGG screwed is in implementing visual and sound queue that indicate 1-hko attack is incoming--in fact GGG completely abdicated on this part of their design and said "Fuck it, lets go all out and kill them bastards!". Most 1-hko deaths I experienced this league were with little to no forewarning or completely unrecognizable due to colour scheme used.

So year, I like the idea to have loot-heavy boss at the end of a map but the way GGG implemented it and how deadly they are is not right.
"
Baron01 wrote:
Metamorphs exposes deficiencies in PoE, both in its design and mechanics.

I can not understand how GGG did not change Metamorphs' colour scheme where they spawn dark grey/black ground, metamorphs themselves go underground with dark grey/black effect and most of on death effect from monsters they spawn are also....wait for it.... dark grey/black. There are situations where I lose sight of the metamorph and I can not find it until it dies and spews its loot.

Another issue is how taxing metamorphs are on the game engine. I play with 35-40ms but spawning them often spikes my latency--this results in situations where I clearly dodged their attack but I still get hit. When such hits result in loss of 5k+ health, it is very problematic. Metamorphs have lot of attacks that are stright 1-hko deaths or high damage and high cadancy hits, which are equally deadly to 1-hko. Where GGG screwed is in implementing visual and sound queue that indicate 1-hko attack is incoming--in fact GGG completely abdicated on this part of their design and said "Fuck it, lets go all out and kill them bastards!". Most 1-hko deaths I experienced this league were with little to no forewarning or completely unrecognizable due to colour scheme used.

So year, I like the idea to have loot-heavy boss at the end of a map but the way GGG implemented it and how deadly they are is not right.

I think the best fix for metamorph would be increased transformation time. Metamorph boss would take at least 3 seconds to transform another boss.

But, my problem is not only with metamorph bosses. The right of the passive skill tree gives you a lot of evade/dodge things. If you make a character with taking these nodes, not making you 'defensive' enough and you're getting one-hit from every possible monster in the game.
I saw somewhere someone stated, that we can not see
deaths count. We can, simply type /deaths in chat.

-Metamorph Strength-

Anyway, Metamorphs are friggin strong IF you pick all
the best organs to make it fancy blinking for an organ
drop. Map modifiers and Awaken Level counts toward
Metamorphs Strength too. I do run a lot of no mod Red
Maps for farming Metamorphs which makes it much easier.

-Black Minions-

My guess for the "all black minions" reason is, that
this style of texturing assets do reduces loading lag
a lot, which is good.

-Random one Shots-

Sadly this happens now and then while mapping or delving.
Modifiers are strong this season which counts for delve
too. All you can do is to make a HC viable character which
is very tanky.

Tanky: Immune or almost immune against ailments, have
much block and physical/elemental damage reduction etc.

I'm not a HC/SSF Player but learned to live with random
deaths this season. I never died so much in any season
before like I do now tho but that might be my agressive
playstyle, not caring for a death (I stay at 96, not going
further so deaths are fine with me).

-Suggestions for Changes by GGG-

My suggestion would be to give us a handful more skillpoints
and adjust Life Nodes in Skilltree (instead 5% make nodes 7%).
That maybe helps for sustain adjustment on characters.
This post will never die until GGG's comment or ban. Day #20
Dudebag wrote:
"you would know if you remember what organs you put. and iwould be circling around instead. totally avoidable situation there.

sorry just a bad play , and its a lab you dont lose exp at least"

my fucking god how ridicolous and pathetic is this?
"duh just member the orgens, duh!"
I could put in words how dumb your reasoning and arguing here is but this would get me a perma ban for sure so I put it this way:
Even Chipmunks have some level of intelligence.
Because even chipmunks would claim its unfair if you cant even see the attack coming, do you get what i mean?
Last edited by Tolerantzdestr0yer on Jan 28, 2020, 7:28:47 AM
This post will never die until GGG's comment or ban. Day #21
"
Dudebag wrote:
"you would know if you remember what organs you put. and iwould be circling around instead. totally avoidable situation there.

I could put in words how dumb your reasoning and arguing here is but this would get me a perma ban for sure so I put it this way:
Because even chipmunks would claim its unfair if you cant even see the attack coming, do you get what i mean?

it has its name on the organ. and you can predict attacks bosses would do.

you amaze me
"
Dudebag wrote:
"
Dudebag wrote:

it has its name on the organ. and you can predict attacks bosses would do.

you amaze me

Both of you right actually. Yes, you can choose organs and even they're showing the skills. But, I don't think you could evade the piety's laser with running circle around the boss. That was an instant beam and he died its beginning of the beam and you can actually see how fast is the beam.

Both of you right, get chill. There is one reality, and it's the one-hit death lol
she starts the atack from left side like 8 - 9 oclock then moves clock wise.
i always try to stay on 12 oclock so she is below me just in case the metamorph changes position

at least thats how ive been avoiding her.

her and basilica one and tower bazur? are deadly to me and channel one is annoying too. those type of organs i would just separate from the rest and burn them at once or put them with much safer organs.
Last edited by Dudebag on Jan 29, 2020, 5:50:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info