Submitted an offer to this account too recently.

It’s very annoying when I can’t but multiple maps, stacks of whatever because this error message comes up. If there’s a way for the function to allow offers on multiple different items/stacks that’d be great.
Last bumped on Jan 14, 2020, 2:22:41 PM
log off and back in
This definitely should be looked at, if we aren't spamming the seller (submitting/withdrawing) we should be able to offer on other items too
"
log off and back in

You can just change zones (town to hideout, town to town, or similar). Typically quicker then logging.
TrueAchievements - https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/Corrison

XboxClips - http://xboxclips.com/corrison
"
Pimpernickel wrote:
It’s very annoying when I can’t but multiple maps, stacks of whatever because this error message comes up. If there’s a way for the function to allow offers on multiple different items/stacks that’d be great.

It is to stop people spamming you. The easy option is that little report option that probably never even gets checked should also block that person from offering on your items (similar to a chat block). They can see your items but when they try and offer they get a message saying "you cannot offer on this item. The seller has blocked you".

This would be a double edge sword. If you block every person who makes a shitty offer then you'll never get offers any more. If you flame or constantly make shitty offers then people will block you and you'll never be able to offer on anything. Basic self policing.

That and just make priced items auto accept. It really isn't that difficult but GGG insist on having " community" despite no fixes for terrible group play and no way to even communicate with other people unless negatively through a rejection message.
"
Pimpernickel wrote:

It's not an "Error Message." :)

As was explained above, it's a feature that's supposed to prevent rampant spamming and mass/machine-gun purchasing.

But, it doesn't mesh well with bots and players who are price-fixing the market.

For the former, it's not a problem. Mr. "I'm a kind bot here to make your experience more rewarding" will truly sell you that bulk item at that price... eventually.

But, for the latter "I'm either a poopy-headed Price Fixer or a Price-Fixer bot" it's a pain since they're never going to give you that item at that price and you'll just sit there waiting to bid, once again, on a different stack of currency/crafting/maps/whatever only to receive the "lolz u loser i are megabot" message...

I imagine they don't want to list "Playername" due to harrassment issues and may not even wish to have character names involved, either. And, there's the fact that in any one base item category for crafting/currency/maps/etc there's going to be a very large portion of that being held by just a few accounts. Kind of a "ungood PR policy" to actually show that to players.

The only aspect of this that bugs me is price-fixer players/bots. And, because you can't bid on the item, there's no way to isolate its entry so you don't bid on it again in another search.

AFAIK, GGG is trying very hard to prevent any actual search mechanics that would require anything different than what is currently done console-side with simple text strings. To achieve some kind of decent result, I would suggest that they allow for a toggle on a displayed item that would then place a red outline on all items in that category being sold by that "hidden" account name. We'd still be faced with the direct evidence of price-fixers, but at least we'd be able to find items we could actually purchase...hopefully. :)
"
Morkonan wrote:

I imagine they don't want to list "Playername" due to harrassment issues and may not even wish to have character names involved, either.

There was a suggestion to have a unique seller / trader ID be generated either on the back end for GGG only, or visible to everyone on trade. This would allow anonymity and the ability to blacklist / whitelist users.

Something needs done either way, and we should be informed of any plans towards this to voice our agreement or disagreement.

"
Corrison wrote:
"
Morkonan wrote:

I imagine they don't want to list "Playername" due to harrassment issues and may not even wish to have character names involved, either.

There was a suggestion to have a unique seller / trader ID be generated either on the back end for GGG only, or visible to everyone on trade. This would allow anonymity and the ability to blacklist / whitelist users.

Something needs done either way, and we should be informed of any plans towards this to voice our agreement or disagreement.

I could see that being desirable in some situations, but is there a call for it that would be significant and warrant the extra screenspace? Dunno...

The only times I've encountered it that are meaningful concern crafting currency and, occasionally, atlas maps. In that situation, I just choose a different item until I can bid. Seeing an indicator showing items owned by the same person wouldn't do much for me except save a few secconds.

But, it would reveal the price-fixing and botting going on. Since there's nothing we can do about that except stomach it, it'd be a net "negative" for our gaming experience. It'd probably give rise to a ton of complaints about price fixing and bots, even more than we see already. All for very little, if any, gain.

That's not really an incentive for GGG to implement such a feature. :)
"
Morkonan wrote:

I could see that being desirable in some situations, but is there a call for it that would be significant and warrant the extra screenspace? Dunno...

There are a couple of ways it could be done without using more screen space. Like have it hidden on the same menu that shows iLvl (click in stick). Though even if it was not visible to us, it could defiantly be used on the back end.

Either way, we need to be able to block offers from some users.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info